Wednesday, June 4, 2014

ND HB Mysteries! (A TV Show)

Hi!

So today I'm gonna' talk about this TV series called Nancy Drew Hardy Boys Mysteries. It's a TV series from the 1980s. And it's about Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. (Note the title xD) You've probably heard of, if not read the books? Okay anyway so their super exciting and really...spooky. Some of them. Like Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys meet  Dracula. (Nancy: Come on, we've got an appointment to keep. Bess: With whom? Nancy: DRACULA.) *Clears throat* Anywayyy, there are a few kinks and stuff so I thought I'd list them:

Pros:
*Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys meet each other sometimes. Crossovers.
*Ned is awesome. xP
*Suspense. And it's spooky! A lot of the mystery shows I watch are just suspenseful but in this it's actually spooky!! :-D

Cons (or as I like to call them kinks):
*In season 2, they swap actors between Pamela Sue Martin and Janet Julian. In my opinion, Pamela is SO much better than Janet, she just reminds me of Nancy so much more.
*In season 2, Ned dissapears. I did some research and they got rid of Ned, and made it so in one episode more Nancy just meets him. Then he disperses. :P
*Nancy doesn't have two sidekicks. It's either Bess or George. (They did a great job with actor for Bess, George bla)
*Frank and Nancy KISS. They fall in LOVE. Half of me loves this half of me doesn't. SHE IS SUPPOSED TO LOVE NED!! But then they do look great together. :P




Those are just meh opinions on the show, decide for yourself once you watch em'. 


On a completely different note, I'm going to PA and Philly! I'll be taking tons of pictures so prepare to be photobomed sometime next week. xD 


~Lydia~ <3 

6 comments:

  1. One correction...the series ran from 1977 - 1979. I loved it...my first fandom. :) Had a huge crush on Joe/Shaun Cassidy.

    I agree there were a lot of kinks, but it was fun. My favorite episode was the Disappearing Floor. As I recall, the series would switch between the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew every other week and once in a while both sets of sleuthing teens would meet and work together. They didn't crossover every week. Most of the episodes were derived from the books. (just the blue and yellow hardbacks back then).

    Not fond of the new books. I don't find the characters as strong as the originals.

    There are still times when I'll be watching something and Fenton Hardy or Carson Drew pop up (well, the actors who played them).

    I agree that Pamela Sue Martin was the better of the two Nancy's.

    Thank you for focusing on this TV series. It has brought back a lot of great memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! :-)

      I know, I think the first episode I watched was based on 'The Secret of Red Gate Farm'. Except there were no fake religous people. :P

      YES! The new books are, um, okay. But the originals are definitely the best. ;-)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    2. I keep trying the new books, but...

      I looked up the DVDs on Amazon. May have to add them to my collection. :-D

      Delete
    3. Yeah definetly. But this person has almost all the episodes on Youtube. :-)

      Yeah - I don't really care for the new books.

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    4. My laptop isn't so hot for watching YouTube. :(
      Plus it's so much better on the big screen. ;-)

      Delete
    5. To bad. :-( It is isn't it? :-D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan