Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hopeless

Tears ran down my cheeks, freezing them in the cold air. I didn't care. I just kept running. 

They were gone. They were really gone. I never thought this day would come. 

The day was as bitter as my heart felt, gloomy and misty. A slow but steady shower of snow was falling. 

The only thing I could save from the fire I was wearing. My shirt, my jeans, boots and a black wool cape. It flew behind me, not really helping to save me from the stinging cold feeling that the wind brought. But I didn't care. I didn't care about anything anymore. Except that my parents - were gone. 

Here shrill voice pierced through the silent evening like a hot knife through butter. "You are coming with us. You are ours now." she said. She stared at me with her beady green eyes. 

 I turned. "NO!" I screamed. "I won't let you take me!" 

"You won't, will you?" she replied tauntingly, and then started coming closer to me. I started backing up. I knew what she was after. But I would not do it. I turned back around and fled. I kept running and running and running, but the more I ran the closer the footsteps behind me seemed to get. Finally, I turned my head, but my pace slowed when I did it. She finally caught up to me, and gave me a nasty grin. Yanking me and holding me there, she made a grab for my necklace. I ducked, but the string that held it around my head popped. And it was hers. 

She threw me down on the ground, knocking the wind out of me for a few seconds. I jumped up. "NO!" I screamed for the second time that evening.  She just looked at me and gave me that stare, and then fastened the necklace around her neck. Then she made a break for it. I started running, but then stopped. What was the point? She had all power now.

More tears welled in my eyes. I dropped on my knees to the ground, and sobbed openly. It was hopeless. 
My story for a writing contest. The judge likes sad stories, so I made this, What do you think?

~Peanut Butter Girl ~ xD

1 comment:

  1. Very gripping! I love it! If it was a book at a bookstore I would definitely grab it and take it home with me! (Of course, I'd pay for it first!;D)

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan