Saturday, November 22, 2014

Beautiful Books #2

Hi everyone!

First of all, to check out what this is all about click the button down here:




Second of all, I know I'm taking a blogging break but I just had to do this and it only takes a matter of minutes so let's get started. :}

  1. Be honest: how is your writing going? I kind of feel like it's really slow going and I'm having a hard time getting to the little scenes I have planned ahead of time. Blahhh. But since this book isn't for NaNoWriMo I have all the time in the world to finish it so I'm good. I'm having a lot of fun writing this book, I'm really into it and I love the plot. So, overall pretty good. :) 
  2. What’s your first sentence/paragraph? "The arrow hit the target."
  3. Do you have a book cover, and/or pictures that reflect your book? No I do not have  book cover. (Nooo) it would be cool if I could have a contest to see who can make the best book cover. (Idea) Pictures, I have a board on Pinterest of people who look like my characters, but they aren't mine. (Find me on Pinterest HERE) 
  4. Do you have pictures of each of your characters? If not, describe them for us! (Be as descriptive as you can.) Well, they are not mine and they are all via Pinterest, but yes I do. Just view my Pinterest board Truenia. :) 
  5. What scene are you most excited to write? The scene where Felicity has the one-on-one battle with Rowan (da evil prince).
  6. Share a snippet or a scene that you really enjoyed writing.  
    Felicity sat down and leaned against a tree trunk. “Where are you from?” she asked quietly.

    Wills leaned against the same tree trunk. “North Dakota.”

    Felicity gave him a puzzled look. “North Dakota?”

    “Yeah. It’s a state.”

    “What’s a state?” Felicity asked quietly, wondering if this boy was in his right mind.

    “Um, it’s a big piece of land within the United States of America.”

    Felicity wondered if she had been paying attention well enough when she had been tutored. “The United States of...America?”

    “Yeah.”

    “Is that somewhere near the western edge of Usmyke?”

    “WHAT?”

    “It’s the continent near the western edge of the world.”
  7. Now that you're writing, have any of the plot details, or the process itself, turned out different from what you planned or imagined? Eyap. 
  8. Is there a character or aspect of your plot that's difficult to write? Well it's basically like I said in the first question, it's a little slow moving and I'm having a bit of trouble getting the characters where I want them as far as like, you know, where I want them? Ugh, it sounded way better in my mind. 
  9. What’s your favorite aspect of this novel so far? Favorite character? I'm not sure yet, and my favorite characters are probably Felicity and Wills. I love writing about them. :}
  10. Have you drawn off of any life experiences or people you know to create your novel and characters? (The numbers got messed up, sorry, lol) No. 
  11. Do you have a playlist or certain song for your novel and/or characters? No, but I'm starting to think about making a playlist for my book. It's going to be fun. :)
  12. Let’s have some fun for a moment: imagine you are somehow transported into your book’s world. Which character are you most likely to be found hanging out with? I have like 7 different characters that I all really like (Except the evil prince, XD) but probably  Felicity. 
  13. How do you keep yourself motivated to finish your daily wordcount? (Pinterest? Internet breaks? Chocolate?) I don't have a daily wordcount. Haha. But um if I'm like writing and then I suddenly am like, "I hate this book IDK if I want to write it anymore" I write character profiles or work on something fun about my book, or think about the sequel I want to make after or a short story with a Felicity/Wills romance or something like that, then I get motivated. :)
  14. What’s your favorite writing quote or piece of writing advice? It's better to write a bad first draft than no first draft at all. ~Will Shetterly 
  15. How does this book make you feel so far? Are you laughing? Crying? Frustrated? I'm not sure. :P 
Hope you all enjoyed reading this! 

~Lydia~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan