Sunday, April 12, 2015

Books and Reading: A Book Challenge

Hi!

Noor came up with this, and I thought it would be fun to do. :D So here we go!

Rules:
Must answer all questions
Repost the picture with a link to Noor's blog
You MAY tag people if you would like, but it isn't required
Have fun!
Okay, so here we go:

1. April TBR? (To Be Read) 
Probably The Tender Years by Janette Oke.
Hallmark has a series based on a series of hers and I want to try to read some of her work! This one sounds so entrancing and wonderful and the cover is to die for. :O


2. Book (series) you would love to see as a movie? 
TRIXIE BELDEN! Trixie Belden MOVIES! Just think of it!!



3. Overhyped book/author? 
Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't read that many "bestsellers" like The Maze Runner or The Hunger Games. I'm not going to read those - even when I get older. They just aren't things I want to read...and my parents don't want me to either. Anyway, getting off topic.
I've only read one book ever I didn't like, and that is SO not a popular one.
But...maybe I'll say Frozen: A Junior Novelization? Because Frozen is soooo overrated. ;)

4. The best book series you will ever read? 
Do we really need to talk about this? *looks at blog title* *looks at Narnia book beside her* *looks at the Narnia picture as her desktop background* *looks at Silver Chair movie rumors on a different tab*
*shrug*

5. Book to movie adaptation that was really bad? 
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I know, I know, I can't believe I'm saying it, but really. EVIL GREEN MIST?! A GIANT SEA MONSTER WITH CENTIPEDE LEGS?! lkdjghbc;jkvhbdsgk NO.

6. Book that just made you cry. 
Uhhhh....*peep peep peep* Well, Lydia-Lou made me cry but then again I was 6 and the DOLL that the MC had to give up was named Lydia. >.<

7. Book you're reading right now? Give it a quick rating. 
Well I'm not currently reading any books, but I soon as I hunt down that copy of The Horse and His Boy I KNOW is somewhere on my numerous bookshelves, I shall tackle that one. It is my favorite Narnia book - so of course I give it a five-star rating. ;) (I've read it before.)

8. A book series you just didn't like? 
There's not a SERIES, but there is one book I REALLY didn't like. In Search of Honor by Donnalyn Hess.
It's really more of a boys' book. It's not my thing. It was bloody. It was confusing. It had RATS! Ewww! The long tower infested by bugs?! Bleccha. And IT WAS SAD! The guy that converted the MC to Christianity (well at least I think he did, haven't read the book in awhile) died soon after. And then the book ends. WHAT?!
So, yeah, I really didn't like that book. >.<

9. Book that you haven't read yet, but really need to? 
Mrs. M (Susan K Marlow) is so good at writing and she did not cease to amaze me with the first book of her non-Circle C book series, Goldtown Adventures. I really need to read the second one. :D

10. Come up with your own question!! (Favorite MC in any book you've ever read?)
Jesus. ;)

I'm not going to tag anyone - if you want to do it, feel free!

~Lydia~ <3

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm not really allowed to like read the Hunger Games or like different books in that genre....so sometimes it feels like I'm wayy behind everyone else...but whatever =)
    Loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I haven't read The Hobbit/LOTR, If I Stay, Hunger Games, anything like that, so while my friends are freaking out about the latest movie or book or talking about their OTPs I'm just like....Narnia anyone? XD

      Thank you!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    2. Totally agree with Autumn! I'm not allowed to read them and frankly don't want to. No offense to anyone!
      I have read the Hobbit though, for school. It wasn't bad. Haven't read LOTR yet and am not sure that I ever will, but my uncle read them and liked them. So, we'll see. ;-)
      BTW, Lydia, how long have you liked Narnia? I've never really been into it (or read the books!), but my cousin was for a while.
      *Sunny

      Delete
    3. Oh and also, I love Trixie Belden!!! :-D I have so many of the books!
      *Sunny

      Delete
    4. I will be able to read The Hobbit/LOTR when I'm older. :) It's a bit dark for me as of now.

      So you've seen the movies? You should totally read the books. ;) I've been kind of, yeah, obsessed with Narnia since...I don't know...a year ago? :P

      Cool! Trixie Belden is. AWESOME! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    5. Yeah, I totally understand. ;-)
      You're going to be shocked, but I haven't even seen the movies!! :-O I need to, though!!
      I know, she is! My aunt read those books when she was a girl, and then she told me about them. I had never read them, but that year (2012) I got the first three books for Christmas! I now have 1-7, 9, 14, and 15. How about you?
      *Sunny

      Delete
    6. Read the books first. The movies are like the top and then there is this tiny well and if you go down the well into book world it's really magical and sparkly and cool. XD

      Neat! I have all of them through 18. I need to get 19, 20, and all the other ones I haven't read yet. ;)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. Trixie Belden movies would be amazing!! And yes, Narnia is awesome! The Horse and His Boy is one of those cool stories that makes you smile just thinking about it. And I loved seeing the Pevensies as royals! A new Silver Chair movie!!! EPIC!!! I loved reading your answers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!

      Exactly. :)

      thanks. :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. Okay, Lydia, I was checking out your blog after I put it on the List, and I love it. And I think I will do this meme (at least, I think that's what they used to call those things). Looks like FUN. I will even link back to the originator, like the rules state.
    Watch for it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, "Andi"! I will! ;)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan