Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Charn

Staring at 
An empty space 
That was once inhabited 
By a different race. 

Queen Jadis sitting 
On her throne 
Summoned by 
The ringing bell's tone. 

Red sun 
One star 
That's all there is 
In the sky by far. 

Jadis, 
Hungry for nothing but
Power and fame 
Wiped out her subjects 
With no shame. 

The time has come 
For Charn to go 
That world is ending 
As all worlds do. 

---
I am no poet, but this was so much fun to write. I am re-reading The Magician's Nephew, and while reading it a rhyme popped into my head, and I decided to make a poem of it. :P

~Lydia~ <3

11 comments:

  1. Nice job!
    I really like the Magicians Nephew! It explains so much about the rest of the books;)

    ~Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun poem! I like it!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The Magician's Nephew is one of my favorites in the Narnia series. I really do wonder what the word is they talk about in the story, though...

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem! I'm terrible at poetry, so I praise those who do well. That was really good!

    I nominated you for a Liebster award! You can check my blog tomorrow for your nomination, because the post comes out tomorrow: http://emilybmcconnell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Thank you! I'll be sure to check your blog tomorrow. :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  5. This is really good! Great job, Lydia!:)
    I LOVE the Narnia books! I'm SO sad that there's only seven. :(
    Who knows! Maybe I'll add to the series someday.....:)
    I love this new blog of your's!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I know. I cried a lot whilst reading "The Last Battle". WHY, SUSAN, WHY?!
      Thank you! I'll be celebrating my 1-year blogaversary in a few days! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  6. :)
    I know!! Why would Susan do that!! HOW COULD SHE!?!!?!!:'(
    Awesome!:) Congrats!:)

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan