Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mary Poppins Characters

Hey guys!

As most of you know, I got the Mary Poppins books for my birthday. So I thought I would compare the book characters to the characters in the movie.
In the books, Mary is vain, dignified, a bit grumpy (almost all the time), and snappy.
This picture would describe how she would look all the time.
(IT'S A FAKE APRIL FOOLS POSTER THEY RELEASED) 
The picture to the right actually would describe her even better. 

^^^
In the movie, Mary is all like that. All the time.

Bert only appeared for a short time in the first book. I love him in the movie. (Because Dick van Dyke is awesome). 

Jane and Micheal are basically the same. Cute. Naughty. XD

If Bert did that in the book Mary would be like,
*SCOWL* Bert stop that foolish, childish nonsense this instant! Such behavior. *sniff* And then she would walk haughtily away and Bert would never see her again. XD
Mrs. Banks and Mr. Banks are basically the same, as well. Mary doesn't help Mr. Banks be less serious (sheese if she did you guys would not even believe what I just said about her), but Mr. Banks is serious and Mrs. Banks is...well...funny. :P

Admiral Boom. Is hilariously hilarious in every way. He has the ship house and the mast in his front yard. He has the cannon and he tells the time and the weather. So he's the same, too.

I think the character they changed the most int he movie is Mary herself.

The books have a mysterious, creepy air to them and the movie is full of happiness and cupcakes and sprinkles and unicorns. XD

I think I actually like the books better.

~Lydia~ <3

9 comments:

  1. I read the books a while ago-and I agree! I love Julie Andrews, but I prefer a closer to the book movie.
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Poppins was one of my all-time favorite Disney movies when I was younger. I should read the books but the difference are quite peculiar.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually never read the books! I'll have to get right on that. Great character analysis!
    --Rebecca at The Silver Flute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lydia!
    I was just wondering if you could add a follow by email widget so I can follow this blog? I can't follow it unless that widget is up because I don't have a bloodspot, only wordpress. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lydia!
    I was just wondering if you could add a follow by email widget so I can follow this blog? I can't follow it unless that widget is up because I don't have a bloodspot, only wordpress. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan