Wednesday, April 1, 2015

What to Do when you simply aren't inspired

Hey guys!

(I think I did a post like this before but this one has more ideas. ;) )

So sometimes when I'm working on Felicity's Sword (new readers, ICYDK, it's my novel) I feel totally un-inspired and I'm kind of like

I DO NOT WANT TO WRITE THIS BOOK

So here are some tips for re-inspiring yourself. ;)

1. Start/work on a side-book. I have one, (a fanfiction. Star Trek). I'm totally not-serious about it, and it's just for fun. Sometimes you just need to take a break from one project and work on another for a little while, then when you come back to your main novel you'll be ready to write!



2. Leave the computer (Most of us don't write with a notebook, right? If you write with a notebook leave the notebook) and do something else. Take a walk, bake some cookies, take some pictures.

3. BRAINSTORM NEW IDEAS! Leave the computer, grab some paper and think! Doesn't matter how WACKO the ideas are. Like for example your MC could turn into an onion...okay so maybe not that but you know what I mean.

4. Listen to music. I got inspired for Felicity's Sword by listening to music (and looking at Pinterest) :). Actually, I now can't write without it.

5. LAST RESORT, if all else fails, PINTEREST!!! Pinterest is THE best place for inspiration.

Hope these helped!

Bye!

~Lydia~ <3

12 comments:

  1. yep...Pinterest's gotta be the best... xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect! I've been feeling so uninspired lately, and I think these tips will really help me. Thanks Lydia! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've been feeling like this frequently, and I believe this will help! I do write in a notebook, then go through, edit, re-write it, and then re-write it again on a computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will help!

      Cool!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. Man, I've been feeling uninspired lately, too. Hopefully the storytelling coffee read aloud I'm going to tonight mightinspire me to get back up on my feet.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, neat! I hope that went well!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  5. Great tips!:)

    *Hannah*
    A Southern Girls Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest! And when I'm completely NOT in a writing mood and thinking about my story makes me stressed, I stop trying to think of ideas for the day and just have fun!:) It really helps when you come back to your story!:D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I actually got the idea for Felicity's Sword from Pinterest. :)

      Good tip!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan