Sunday, June 7, 2015

Beautiful People: June 2015

Hey guys!



{Click on this picture to learn more about this lovely linkup!} 

For this beautiful people I'll be using Felicity and her mother and father from my current WIP,  since this is a parental edition! I have actually thought out their parents very well, even though they never make an appearance in my book.
So, onward ho!

1. Do they know both their biological parents? Why/why not? 
Yes, she knew both her parents. Her father died when she was 5 in battle and her mother died when she was 6.

2. Have they inherited any physical resemblances from their parents? 
Felicity has the brown hair from her mother. That's it, basically. :3

3. What's their parental figure(s) dress style? Add pictures if you like!
Felicity's mother is the queen, so of course she dresses very fancy and regally. Her father is the king, so same with him.
The queen. I couldn't find a picture for the king. :P


4. Do they share any personality traits with their parental figure(s)? And which do they take after most?
Not really. Both parents were outspoken and stern, while Felicity is quiet and shy.

5. Do they get on with their parental figure(s) or do they clash? 
She got along with her parents most of the time.

6. If they had to describe their parental figure(s) in one word, what would it be? 
Confident.

7. How has their parental figure(s) helped them most in their life? 
They rose Felicity and taught her that if something is happening she believes is wrong, take a stand.

8. What was their biggest fight with their parental figure(s)? 
I actually wrote a short-story about that. xD It was about cookies. Felicity wanted to bake cookies by herself and her mom wouldn't let her without a servant...and...yeah...it didn't end well xD
(She was only four >.<)

9. Tracing back to the family tree, what nationalities are their ancestry? 
Her mother's father was from Usmyke. Her father's family is Estrarian through-and-through.

10. What's their favourite memory with their parental figure(s)? 
When her father took her horse-riding for the first time. They rode up to the woods just as the sun was rising.
With her mother it was trying out her many crowns. They were all too big for Felicity and kept slipping over her eyes. :3

So that's it! Thanks for reading everyone, and if you haven't already make sure to do Beautiful People on your blog!

~Lydia~ <3

13 comments:

  1. I loved reading this, Lydia!! The cookies story sounds hilarious. XD
    How do you do Beautiful People? I'd love to do this on my blog.
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thank you!
      Beautiful People is a linkup held by Sky @ Further Up and Further In and Cait @ Paper Fury. Go to either one of their blogs, answer the questions on your blog, and then provide a link on the list at the end of the post. It's lots of fun and really easy to do! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    2. Oh, awesome! Thanks so much. :-)
      *Sunny

      Delete
  2. This prompt made me realize that I hadn't really thought out my characters' parents beyond their occupations. Normally parents play a big role in my books, but not my current project. Still, it's good to think about how parents (or lack thereof) shaped my characters!

    My Beautiful People if you are interested: http://rlhendrian.blogspot.com/2015/06/beautiful-people-for-writers-june.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! The more you know about your characters (and their family) the better! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. I love your answers, Lydia! You have wonderful world building skills (Usmyke and Estrarian?)! :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your answers! Hmmmmm...I don't think I've ever really thought about my characters parents before... Maybe I should start to do that!:D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your answers were wonderful! First of all, I LOVE the name Felicity - it's so pretty and unique! I also thought it was nice to see a princess more on the shy side. Most often, in novels, you either read about the princesses grateful for who they are or the ones who wish to defy everyone everywhere as they beam with confidence, or pride. But Felicity being shy is certainly refreshing! It's uncommon and great thinking, on your part! ^_^

    I would SO love to read the short story about the cookies, so, if you ever decide to share it with the world, please let me know. It's sounds hilarious and four year olds are awesome, especially when it comes to cookies. XD I also thought her favorite memories of her parents were adorable and so, so sweet. <3 Keep writing, dear! Your characters are beautiful and this story sounds great! :D

    -Jill <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement, Jill! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  6. Aaaah, but Felicity's mother has the best fashion sense ever. REALLY. So gorgeous. And ooh, I see Felicity has her priorities right re: cookies. (I would love to read that short story -- is it online anywhere?) Seems like her personality is pretty much overwhelmed by her parents' confidence, although I'm sure that'll change in her story :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, her parents died when she was so young! I really like Usmyke and Estrarian as nationalities - they sound very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan