Wednesday, June 24, 2015

tour of my reading corner

 I transformed a little "peninsula" that juts out from the hallway above the staircase in our house to a place where I like to hang out. :) 


Here is my chair, and Cuddles sits on top of it. I swap her out for different stuffed animals sometimes. :3

This wall is actually cardboard covered in contact paper. The walls around the "peninsula" are actually sort of like a fence, so I put up this thing so nothing would fall out.   

Here, between my "table" and my chair I keep my devotional and Adventures in Odessy: The Official Guide. ;)

My little collage, with a Tenth Avenue North poster and my favorite pictures I got with Taylor Swift's newest album 1989. 

On the section of the table closest to the chair, I keep the book(s) I am reading or want to read. Currently it's Wildwood by Colin Meloy. 

Behind the book is where I keep my magazines and sketching pad. 

My display of Trixie Belden books. From left to right; Oval, Random House, Ugly.
I like to swap out the displays every now and then. Earlier it was Mary Poppins and Little Women. (They have my favorite cover designs out of all my books.)

Between the "fence" and the table are two very thick books of mine and, though you can't see it, there is a little crate sort of thing that holds bookmarks, markers, pens, etc. 

In this corner my spare camera and a lantern, in case I wake up earlier than the rest of the family and don't want to wake them up by turning on the hall light. 

Overview 
So, yeah! That's my little corner. :)

Thanks for reading!

~Lydia~ <3

8 comments:

  1. I wish I had a reading corner... >.< You're very lucky.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Your corner is so cute! I just have a shelf where I keep my books. I want a huge library whenever I get a house (which is going to be in the waaaaay future!).XD
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lydia! Love your blog. :) I have to ask, is "The Caroline series" on your To be read list the American girl books? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith! :)
      No, it's not, but I have read the AG Caroline series numerous times. :D The series I mean are the Little House books. You can find out more about the series here:
      https://www.goodreads.com/series/45244-little-house-the-caroline-years
      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    2. Ah yes, I've read one of the Caroline books. :) And I LOOOOVE the AG Caroline series! I've read all 6 books in a day before but I still really enjoy them. ^_^
      Cute reading nook, btw. ;D

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah. I love the AG books even if they are a little below my reading level. :) I just went on an AG book reading spree and read the AG Caroline books were part of it. ;)

      Thank you! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan