Friday, July 17, 2015

how to organize your pinterest

Hey guys!

If you have been on Pinterest as long as me, you know that it can get out of control pretty quickly! 

Before I organized it, (or made a new account because I was too lazy to do all that work, hehe) I had like a million boards (half of them didn't even have 3 pins on them), I was following all these people who posted pictures I didn't even care about, and it was just downright messy. :P 

Today, if it is like what I just described, I'm going to show you how to organize your Pinterest. 

Boards: 
Have any boards where there are only like 5 pins? Move them to another board, like an "etc" board. That's where I put all the pins that don't fit on my other ones, instead of making a board just for that one. 
After you are done, delete the original board. Do this until all of your 1-pin-boards are gone! 

I like to organize my boards alphabetically. It's actually not that hard to do, and it looks really nice once you are finished. Just drag and drop where you want the board to go.

Make sure to choose nice covers for your boards. A theory or funny picture from Tumblr is cool, but it doesn't look very nice as a board cover.
To change your board cover, just mouse over the board you want to change the cover for, and then click "Edit". It will have a button where you can scroll through all of your board's pictures and choose one that you like.

Try doing this with the titles of your boards, too:

If you try it and don't like it, you can always change it back. :)

Pins/Pinners:

Sometimes, I'm just scrolling through my boards, looking at pictures, replying to comments, when suddenly:

Yikes! Plastic does not look very appetizing! 
Ahh! A pin is on the wrong board. How did that happen?!
No worries. Just scroll over the pin, and click the pencil that shows up in the top right corner. Then, choose the RIGHT board for it to go on.
Problem solved!

If you have an overload of pins everyday to look through, try going through the people you follow. Unfollow the ones that you don't know or don't have boards that you even like.

So yeah. If anyone wants to follow my Pinterest, you can do it here. 

Thanks for reading! :)

~Lydia~ <3

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Very helpful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so alienated when it comes to me and Pinterest, since I don't go on it as much as I would like. These are helpful tips; thank you!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan