Tuesday, July 14, 2015

the sisterhood award

Hey guys!

I was nominated for the Sisterhood Award by my friend Emily at The Imaginary World of Emily McConnell.  Thank you very much, Emily! Your questions are always lots of fun. :)

Rules:
-Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
-Put the award logo on your blog.
-Answer the ten questions sent to you.
-Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
-Nominate ten blogs. 
You discover that someone you've known your whole life is in fact- not real. Reaction? 
First of all - woah. Second of all, WHAT?! Third of all, if it was someone I loved, *uncontrollable sobbing*

Favorite old TV show? (has to be earlier than the eighties) 
This is a dangerous question to ask me. ^_^ I CANNOT choose just ONE TV show. Most of the shows I watch are old.
I have narrowed it down to my top ten favorites, in no particular order. Star Trek (TOS, of course. We all know how I feel about...TNG!!! *gasp*), The Brady Bunch, The Donna Reed Show, Lost in Space, Happy Days, I Love Lucy, The Time Tunnel, The Partridge Family, and Land of the Giants.
Although, there are like a zillion more...>.<

You open your door to discover the dandelions in your yard have actually turned into real lions. How are you going to take care of this problem?
ASLAN!! ASLANASLANASLANASLAN. That is all I have to say. :D

Guinea pigs or chinchillas?
Chinchillas, of course. They are so cute! :)
I could bombard you with pictures of chinchillas, but alas, I do not have time. :(
Maybe in another post! :)
"NOOOO!"

Do you follow world/national news much?
There are lots of radio talk shows on on my way to piano, so I really have no choice. xD

What’s your favorite verse in Revelation?
"Here I am! Stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with them, and they with me." Revelation 3:20

Which Nordic (Scandinavian) country do you want to visit? Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Denmark or Norway?
Denmark.

Do you know what the Baltics are?
Um. Aren't they countries or something? IDK for sure...

If one of your fictional characters (or a character from your favorite TV show or movie or book) was to be your mentor, who would you choose and why?
Lucy Pevensie from Narnia. 1. She's Lucy. 2. She's so close to Aslan, gentle, kind, caring, pretty! Everything I wish I was...;P
Or Kirk. Because he's KIRK!!!!!!!!! KIRKKKKKKK <3333
Okay just forget I ever said that...

And finally- would you rather be bucked off a horse and break your arm and a rib, stepped on by an elephant and break your leg or nearly drown in a river?
Nearly drown in a river. Because, you know...I can't really stand pain...xD

I am going to nominate everyone who wants to do this, because most people have gotten it already, I think.

My questions:
If you and your best friend(s) were going to dress up in matching/coordinating outfits, what would you choose? (i.e. salt and pepper)

Popcorn or bacon? 

What is your favorite band? 

Do you eat the little mints or chocolates the waiters/waitresses sometimes give you at restaurants after you pay your bill? 

Favorite snack food? 

Have you ever listened to Owl City? 

Book you are reading right now/book you just finished? 

What was your favorite book when you were little? 

Opinion on sushi? 

Can you boil water without burning it? 

~Lydia~ <3

6 comments:

  1. If you and your best friend(s) were going to dress up in matching/coordinating outfits, what would you choose? (i.e. salt and pepper)

    Hmmm blogger best friend or church. hmm
    Well Companion and Doctor.. I'd be the 12th Doctor because I love him so much or 11.. I'm cosplaying as 11 for Comic Con Australia..
    Sherlock and Watson
    Trixie Belden and Honey Wheeler

    Popcorn or bacon?
    Popcorrrrn

    What is your favorite band?
    ermmmmmm I'm not into modern music.. the beatles..? the people that sang the F.R.I.E.N.D.S theme song, Camelon Circuit..

    Do you eat the little mints or chocolates the waiters/waitresses sometimes give you at restaurants after you pay your bill?
    Oh yes!
    Favorite snack food?
    Sushi
    Have you ever listened to Owl City?
    Yesssss! <3
    Book you are reading right now/book you just finished?
    Hamlet and Pride and Prejudice for uni prep
    What was your favorite book when you were little?
    Narnia
    Opinion on sushi?
    love it so much!
    Can you boil water without burning it?
    Yep! :D
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the Narnia references in your answers! And that chinchilla though-- SO CUTE! I would not mind being bombarded with more pictures like that. :D
    --Rebecca at The Silver Flute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Shoot me an email and I will be glad to do so. ;P

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. I loved your answers! Hahahahaha yeah, I'm pretty darn random sometimes... ;) I loved your answer to the Lion question. Haha, ASLAN! :D I love him, too. :D And yes, the Baltics are countries- Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. I'm kinda on an Eastern/Northern Europe phase at the moment and have been studying the Scandinavian/Baltic countries as well as some of the other Slavic countries. :) I loved all your answers!

    Okay, I'll answer your questions now! :D

    If you and your best friend(s) were going to dress up in matching/coordinating outfits, what would you choose? (i.e. salt and pepper)

    Oh boy... that's hard. Can my horse be my "best friend"? Because if that's the case, I would be Katyusha and Bodie would be Katyusha's pegasus, Zakhar. :) I don't have any friends who do matching outfit thingies with me... only Bodie does. ;) One of my friends looks like Merida, though, and we have an AU story where Merida had a sister and I play the sister, Ilene... I guess that would work! She'd be princess Merida and I would be princess Ilene. :)

    Popcorn or bacon?
    BACON. IT'S SO YUMMY! :D

    What is your favorite band?
    How 'bout composer? I don't really listen to bands... hmmm... favorite composer is either John Powell, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, Thomas Newman, John Williams or James Horner. I LOVE them all! They're all my favorites. :)

    Do you eat the little mints or chocolates the waiters/waitresses sometimes give you at restaurants after you pay your bill?
    They give those out at restaurants??? I WANT SOME!

    Favorite snack food?
    Pringle chips. LOVE pringle chips. And fruit. But I eat fruit as a meal during the summer practically, because I work on an orchard. ;)

    Have you ever listened to Owl City?
    Yes! I like their music! I couldn't tell which song was which, but I liked the songs I've heard. :)

    Book you are reading right now/book you just finished?
    I just finished "Erratum" and I just started "I Found God in Soviet Russia." The first one I mentioned was a hilarious fantasy adventure, the one I'm reading now is a biography about a man who was in the Soviet concentration camps. Both are really good.

    What was your favorite book when you were little?
    "My Secret War." I read that over a gazillion times since I was seven. I LOVED that book. Full of adventure. I even went so far as to write my own version of the story... :)

    Opinion on sushi?
    Blah.

    Can you boil water without burning it?
    Uhhh... yeah? I haven't ever burned water. I don't think that's possible- it steams. :)

    I had fun answering your questions! Thanks for answering mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Lydia! Loved your answers!

    Your questions sound like so much fun I'm going to have to answer them :D

    If you and your best friend(s) were going to dress up in matching/coordinating outfits, what would you choose? (i.e. salt and pepper)
    Hmm.... I think I would do an outfit from Little House on the Prairie. Or from Narnia. My friends and I were filming a trailer on The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and we all had outfits that (sort of) fit with the Narnian theme. :)

    Popcorn or bacon?
    I think it depends on what time of day it is. If it's evening, then popcorn. If morning, then bacon.

    What is your favorite band?
    THE WILLIS CLAN. Hands down. Cimorelli would come next.

    Do you eat the little mints or chocolates the waiters/waitresses sometimes give you at restaurants after you pay your bill?
    Sometimes. But only if my brothers and sisters haven't eaten them already :)

    Favorite snack food?
    Chocolate or ice cream.

    Have you ever listened to Owl City?
    I think I've listened to them once...when they did a song with Britt Nicole, I think.

    Book you are reading right now/book you just finished?
    The War Within. A really moving story.

    What was your favorite book when you were little?
    Probably Little House in the Big Woods. Or Twenty and Ten.

    Opinion on sushi?
    Absolutely love it. Well...I am kinda picky about what kind of fish it it, though. The only fish that I really like is salmon. :)

    Can you boil water without burning it?
    Yes...does water burn?

    That was fun! And one other thing.... I tagged you for the award too. ;) You can check it out here: http://countingyourblessingsonebyone.blogspot.ca/2015/07/sisterhood-award.html



    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan