Monday, August 17, 2015

Fantasy Literature Camp Assignment 1

Hey everybody! I'm doing Fantasy Literature Camp and I'm going to write a story, using this picture as a prompt. I thought this was sort of a Rapunzel with a twist. xP Here we go!

My eyes widened in mingled fear and excitement as I fingered the single flower I held in my fingers. "He's coming." I thought, my heart racing.

"Lilianna!" I heard a voice call my name. I scrambled over the windowsill and, grasping it, looked down, then gulped - it was him.

Black cloak, sword at his side, black hair, black eyes.

I walked backwards to get as far as I could from him as he made a tremendous leap and landed without error inside. His eyes, glittering, made a quick survey of the room, and then he took a deep breath grinned at me.

"So, this is where you live now, eh?"

I laughed nervously. "Yes. Fancy, isn't it?"

He unsheathed his sword and twirled it around skillfully. I covered my face with my hands, but parted my fingers to see where he was going with this.

"So. Are you ready? Where is your 'mother'?"

"That's why I didn't want you to -" I was cut off my my mother coming in from the next room. She looked at him in shock.

"What are you doing here?" she asked in an angry tone. I glanced from mother to boy in surprise. "You know him?" I asked.

"I wish I never had." My mother mumbled angrily. "And I will defend this girl in any way I can from you."

Seems like the boy is the bad guy, right? Wrong.

The thing is, he's my brother.

~Lydia~ <3

11 comments:

  1. That twist... I did not see that coming at all.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH THIS IS AWESOME I LOVE THE PLOT TWIST AT THE END.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness!!! That was an amazing plot twist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plot twist. Very original! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool! I love the twist!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it!!! I did not see that coming! You have an amazing talent! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan