Thursday, August 27, 2015

susan's letter - part 1

**Spoilers about The Last Battle, the last Narnia book**



My hands shaking, I took a deep breath and tried to compose myself. "Thank you." I whispered to the man standing on my doorstep. He bowed and then left. I shut the door behind me and closed my eyes.

"This can't happen." I thought. "They can't be gone." 

But they were.

Tears streaming down my face, I ran up the flight of stairs and into my bedroom. It had been my and Lucy's room. But it wasn't anymore. I looked across it at Lucy's bed, neatly made by my mother.

My mother...she was gone too.

So were Peter and Edmund. And my father.

They had died in a train wreck, my siblings - off to do something related to Narnia. If that hadn't happened...they would still be here. 

"STUPID NARNIA!" I screamed. "It's just a childish game and my family lost their lives over it!"

"Or is it?" a voice echoed at the back of my mind.

"Oh, stop it." I said aloud to myself. "It is. Just a game. It's just a game!"

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Please say that Susan becomes a Narnian again? Pretty please? I was so disappointed when I read the Last Battle and found out that Susan had become "worldly" and have been imagining a different ending for her ever since :P

    Can't wait for the next part!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll never knoooow...lol, jk. You'll find out soon. ;)
      I know, me too! :(

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. So....they all died? Nooo!
    XD
    This is really good. Can't wait for part 2!
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I actually wrote something like this about four years ago! The ending for Susan wasn't satisfying.... I can't wait to see where this goes <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read the rest of this story! Susan was one of my favorite characters and I was sooo sad that she didn't get to Narnia. C.S. Lewis said he wasn't finished with Susan, so I've always been imagining another ending for her!
    Post the next part soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. :(
      Same here, so I finally decided to make a story out of it! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan