Friday, August 28, 2015

susan's letter - part 2

**Spoilers for The Last Battle, the last Narnia book**
"Lily? I thought I just needed someone to talk to since..well, I'm sure you've heard." I said on the phone.

"Well, Susan dear, I'm sorry, but I'm going to a party and I don't have time to talk right now." Lily replied quickly. "Oh my, I have to go. Goodbye!" and then she hung up.

I bit my lip as I set down the phone. "Fair weather friends." I mumbled to myself sadly.

Now I was hollow inside. I didn't have any tears left, and there was just an empty space where my family had been. "Why didn't you spend more time with them?" I thought to myself.

I had been giving myself rebukes all day.

Suddenly there was a knock. I hurried to the front entrance and opened the door. There stood a man. He bowed to me. "Qu- Miss Susan." he said, stuttering. He seemed a bit nervous.

"What is it?" I asked.

"From Peter, Lucy and Edmund." the man told me, holding out a letter. I looked at him curiously as I took it.

"Thank you." I said, and closed the door.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. MWAHAHAHAHAHA! *cough cough sputter* I'm not very good at evil cackles. XD

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan