Friday, August 7, 2015

the bookshelf tag

Hey everyone!

Blessing Counter tagged by for The Bookshelf Tag! Thanks so much, Blessing Counter! :)


Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books - it doesn't actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from:
This was my first bookshelf and my go-to-book-keeper when I buy some new books. :) I also have two more shelves - one downstairs in the homeschool area where most of my BJU Press books and books for school are kept, and another one on the other side of my bedroom where most of my mystery books are. 
 Do you have a special or different way of organizing your books? 

Classics and a few other series go on the first (top) shelf, series/books that I read when I was little but kind of grew out of go on the second shelf, Little House and AG books go on the third shelf, and most of my boxed sets and activity books go on the fourth (bottom) shelf.

What's the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf? 
Probably either Little Women or Heidi. 
 What's the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf? 
Most of my American Girl Short Stories books are the same length - short! I can read one in less then ten minutes. 
 Is there a book you received as a birthday gift? 

Most of my Boxcar Children books are birthday gifts (except the ones I got at thrift stores.)
 What's the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf? 

The American Girl Short Stories books again, they are tiny!

What's the biggest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
The American Girls Party Book. 
 Is there a book from a friend on your shelf? 
My cousin gave me this one a long time ago. 
 Most expensive book? 

Most of them either costed the same amount or were really good deals at a thrift store. ;)

The last book you read on your shelf? 
Forest of Secrets. Well actually, it would be Rising Storm, but it's not on my shelf right now, haha. ;)
 Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?
A Pony for Keeps. I LOVED the Pony Pals series when I was younger. 
 Do you have more than one copy of a book? 

I have three copies of Little House on the Prairie, one is a normal hardcover edition, one is a 75th Anniversary colored collectors' edition, and one is a colored paperback collectors' edition.

Do you have the complete series of any book series? 
Yep! The whole Circle C Adventures series.
 What's the newest edition to your shelf? 

On the Victory Trail. I actually got this book for around a dollar at Walmart. 
 What book has been on your shelf FOREVER? 
Little House in the Big Woods. I remember getting this book for Christmas! I had the picture books of the Little House books, and I wanted a "big girl" Little House book, so I got this! 
 What's the most recently published book on your shelf? 
Thick as Thieves, the first book in the Circle C Milestones series! 
 The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?
The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (1970). I got it off Ebay and it was FALLING apart. The spine fell off and I had to keep the whole thing together with the duct tape you can see on the cover. 
 A book you won? 

None, sadly. :P

A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you'd never let someone borrow)? 
Little Women. It's an amazing book, and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this edition, I wouldn't want anyone borrowing it and getting it ruined! 
 Most beat up book?
This edition of Anne of Green Gables (don't worry, I have another really nice copy). It was my mom's book when she was a girl. 


 Most pristine book? 

None I can think of.

A book from your childhood? 
The Boxcar Children. I adored this book when I was younger (and still do!). 
 A book that's not actually your book? 

They're all mine! *MWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!*

A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?
This copy of The Secret Garden has a super soft, velvety cover. 
 A book that is your favorite color? 
The blue border around the illustration on the cover of Ramona and Her Father is my favorite color.
 Book that's been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven't read? 
Young Pioneers. I picked it up at a thrift store just because I noticed it was by Laura Ingalls Wilder's daughter, haven't touched it since! Maybe it's time I changed that! ;)
 Any signed books?
One, Thick as Thieves again! The author signed it.



Here are the nominees:

The Little Sis Blog
The Ups and Downs of My Not-So-Average Life
Just Joy
The Universe in a Blog
The Diary of Danielle
Rebekah's Remarks (or Simply Stories, whichever blog you want to do it on, Rebekah!)
If you want to do it, feel free, :)

Thanks for reading!

~Lydia~ <3

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating me, Lydia! :) I'm not much for doing tags that much anymore, but I relate to you about not letting people touch my books; they're very sensitive and I flip out if there's even a small crease in it!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. That copy of Trixie Belden looks so precious! I found the next one in great condition but mine is like that too! :D
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved getting to see your bookshelf, Lydia! It was really cool! You read a lot of the same books I do. ;) Thanks for posting! I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah pony pals books, I used to love them.. in fact I still have the entire series.....

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan