Tuesday, August 4, 2015

willey house historical site

This was during my vacation I posted about. We come up around this area every year and stop by this historical site. This year I kind of went crazy with the camera :P.....

The mountains looked like they were from a painting, it was incredible. 











The foundation of the Willey House.
In 1826, there was a landslide here. The family heard it and fled from the house. They were all killed, and the house was perfectly fine - not one stone had touched it. 


Lookout spot. Jo accidentally lost her hat down in all those plants and I had to walk over and get it. 




The boulders that saved the Willey House from destruction.

Thanks for reading!

~Lydia~ <3

8 comments:

  1. Going camera crazy isn't bad! Your photos are beautiful; the one with the duck food machine interests me tons too, because I've never seen anything like it of the sort! So neat...

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it's really unique. I had like three quarters and I gave them to Jo, when she threw some food on the ground the ducks crowded around her. It was cute. ;}

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. Wow , the story was really interesting. Lol , you had to dig through the those plants to find a hat , I totally understand. We spent hours looking for something my little sister "lost" to only find out ..... She had it in her bag :/
    -LuNa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's happened to my family before...except it was me who lost the thing, haha. ;P

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. Awww! So interesting but so sad! Thank you for sharing xD
    It looked fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the pictures! Thanks for sharing these fun moments of your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been the the Willey House before,but never seen the boulders that saved the house. How do we get there? Is it far from the Willey pond?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not far at all! If my memory serves me correctly, the trail is at the place where the woods begin, just behind the house (not the gift shop, but the one with all the historical info about the site). It's not even a trail, really, but a little path. Keep following that and you'll get to the lookout point. Farther on there are the boulders. :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan