Tuesday, September 1, 2015

susan's letter - part 3

**Spoilers for The Last Battle, the last Narnia book**
I tore open the letter slowly, half expecting it to be some kind of joke.

"Dear Su,
"Hi - it's Peter. I just wanted to write you this to let you know we're all safe here in the real Narnia. You don't have to worry - we're doing well.
"From Peter, Lucy and Ed."

And from that moment on, I believed in Narnia.

***

"Where am I?" I thought, dazed. I looked around - and saw beautiful, gorgeous, clear mountains in the distance. I held the yellowed letter in my hand as I picked up my skirts and ran.

Soon I came up to some gates. I stopped, glanced up, and then pushed them open.

My siblings -  could see them. With a joyful cry I ran into their arms.

"Pete, Lu, Ed! I've missed you all so much!" I said, laughing as I pinched Lucy's cheek.

"Welcome to the real Narnia, sister." Edmund announced, making a grand gesture with his hand.

All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on for ever: in which every chapter is better than the one before....

THE END

11 comments:

  1. Awww, I love it! This is the perfect ending!!! I love it sooo much! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jesseca! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. Yay! Susan believes in Narnia once again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Susan's in Narnia!!!

    That was a great story, Lydia! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Blessing Counter! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. Oh! You wrote a fan fiction where Susan finally comes back to Narnia?! YOU ARE AWESOME. I personally like Susan so that part always makes me sad:( Thanks for this!:)

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan