Saturday, September 12, 2015

To Read - September 2015

Hey guys!

So, green means I did read the book and red means I didn't.

Pollyanna 
The Hobbit 
LOTR Trilogy 
Pat of Silver Bush 
Heartbreak Trail 
The Witch of Blackbird Pond 
Cherry Ames, Student Nurse
Charlotte Sometimes
Wonderland Creek
The Emerald Atlas

Ummm...yikes. XD Fortunately I made a trip to the library today, and I got The Witch of Blackbird Pond and The Emerald Atlas (well, at least the audio book version). I am on the waiting list for The Hobbit, too.
And here is some more stuff to be put on my TBR list....

The Vanishing Shadow by Margaret Sutton
As I mentioned before, I am a big fan of vintage books and especially mysteries, so when I heard about Judy Bolton I wanted to read it. I've looked on Applewood's website and they seem to have most of her books in print, and although they are expensive I just might have to order one or two. :)
Judy Bolton is spunky, she has red hair and she isn't perfect. Plus she ages throughout the series and then gets married! She sounds like my type of girl. I love series that make their characters grow and mature - I don't know why. xP
Except in the case of Trixie Belden, as you get further and further into the later books she gets more and more Nancy Drew-like. But who am I to go around hating on Nancy Drew? I'm re-reading all of her books....


The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum
I've seen the movie, and would like to read the books and the rest of the series that goes along with it! 
Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott
It looks like a cute book and it's by one of my favorite authors. :) 
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
I actually have a copy of this book (it's not the Puffin in Bloom one, sadly :( But I want to get all of the Puffin in Bloom collection so hopefully it will be in my possession soon) but I still have yet to read it. 
Well, that's it for this post! Thanks for reading! :) 

~Lydia~ <3

8 comments:

  1. Just to let you know it took me three months to read Lord of the Rings during the school year. So just to let you know it may take more than a month! -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good books! I think I may read Alice in Wonderland some day. :)
    ~Katie@ sparklyambitions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wizard of Oz series is one of my favorites-I read all the books, and every one was awesome. It's definitely for the reader who likes wacky adventures-not everything will be realistic obviously!
    Alice in Wonderland, as you can see by my blog is also another favorite.(wow what an extensive list.) It is quite different compared to the Disney movie we all watched before we read the book. ; D
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll like them. :D
      Yeah, hehe...I might be guilty of that. :P

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. Jack and Jill looks awesome!
    By the way, I'm holding a writing contest on my blog. I'd love if you'd check it out - it seems like something you'd really like. :)

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan