Friday, January 1, 2016

I'm Baaack!

Hey guys!

I'm back from my blogging hiatus. I feel inspired to post again, and now that most of the business of the Christmas season is gone I'll have much more time to post. I am going to be setting a blogging, schedule, I'll be posting once a week from now on. I'm afraid if I don't set goals for myself there will be like 4 weeks in between each post. xD So expect posts once a week, maybe more sometimes if I feel like it.

Anyway, happy 2016! It feels so weird typing that...it sounds very futuristic. O.o

On my sidebar I have the "Books I Have Read in 2015" thing. For fun I thought I'd copy it down here and then give a short opinion on all the books I have read in the past year. They won't be full reviews, don't worry. I couple sentences per book, max.

Here we go...

1. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame - I don't remember much about this book, actually. It was cute but not amazing.

2. The Smuggler's Treasure by Sarah Masters Buckey - This is an American Girl History Mystery I had read once before when I was younger. It was actually pretty good. 

3. Mystery in Arizona by Julie Campbell - The last Trixie Belden book by Julie Campbell! (*sobs*) Amazing, as always. 

4. The Mysterious Code by Kathryn Kenny - One of my least favorite Trixie Belden books. 

5. The Happy Valley Mystery by Kathryn Kenny - I LOOOOVE THIS ONE! THE ENDING! THE FEELZ!!! eikhgldkvnjhlkshnxck,n!!!

6. The Black Jacket Mystery by Kathryn Kenny - Ummm, Dan is okay. I kind of liked the Bob-Whites as they were, though. 

7. The Marshland Mystery by Kathryn Kenny - There was like, no mystery in this book. It just stopped right in the middle and the rest of the book continued on without any mystery. Which I'm not against. 

8. The Mystery at Bob-White Cave by Kathryn Kenny - I really like this one. 

9. The Mystery of the Blinking Eye by Kathryn Kenny - This one was good, too. 

10. Sophie's World by Nancy Rue - My favorite Sophie book so far! I love her first imaginary character the best. 

11. Sophie's Secret by Nancy Rue - Short. 

12. The Mystery on the Mississippi by Kathryn Kenny - Eh. 

13. Vanished by Kristi Holl - I was excited to read this, but like the reviews on Amazon said the main character is a lot like a Christian Nancy Drew. 

14. The Mystery on Cobbett's Island by Kathryn Kenny - This is like the only one I've read out-of-order from the rest of the series. xD 

15. The Mystery of the Missing Heiress by Kathryn Kenny - So-so. 

16. Sarah Whitcher's Story by Elizabeth Yates - Good, but short. It took me about 30 minutes to read. I mostly like it because it takes place in New Hampshire. 

17. Mik-Shrok by Gloria Repp - LOOOVE! 

18. Charlie by Gloria Repp - <3

19. Calico Captive by Elizabeth George Speare - One of my most favorite books ever. By one of my most favorite authors ever. 

20. 77 Zebra by Gloria Repp - My least favorite of the Arctic Missionary series, but it was still good anyway.

21. Abandoned by Jeri Massi - WOW. I was in second grade when I read "Llamas on the Loose", and when I found out we had another book in the series I had to read it. 

22. The Mystery off Glen Road by Julie Campbell - Thumbs up! 

23. Thick as Thieves by Susan K. Marlow - LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEE!!! It's a great start to the Circle C Milestones series! Macy is like my favorite character in the entire series, besides Andi.

24. The Riddle of the Prairie Bride by Kathryn Riess - Another American Girl History Mystery. This one wasn't that great. 

25. Elsie Dinsmore by Martha Finley - I really like this book. A lot of people say Elsie is too perfect, but I like the plot anyway. 

26. The Mystery of the Uninvited Guest by Kathryn Kenny - I don't even remember this one. 

27. The Mystery of the Phantom Grasshopper by Kathryn Kenny - WEIRDEST. TITLE. EVER. 

28. Badge of Honor by Susan K. Marlow - I really liked this!
29. Elsie's Holiday by Martha Finley - This one was good, too. 

30. Lucy Doesn't Wear Pink by Nancy Rue - I really love this book. The entire Lucy series basically. 

31. Lucy Out of Bounds by Nancy Rue - :D

32. Lucy's "Perfect" Summer by Nancy Rue - Thumbs up! 

33. Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder - Read this book like 10 times. I still never get bored of it!

34. Katy by Mary Evelyn Notgrass - This is another one of my favorite books. I re-read it every year! So happy and adorable! 

35. The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis - YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

36. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

37. A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd - This book was awesome. I can't wait to read Natalie Lloyd's next book! 

38. Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers - I like the book Mary Poppins better then the movie Mary Poppins. The book Mary Poppins is much more mysterious. 

39. A Bundle of Trouble by Kathryn Reiss - It's an American Girl Rebecca mystery. It was so-so. Definitely not amazing. 

40. Back Home Again by Melody Carlson - I love the Grace Chapel Inn series. Even though it's meant for 30-year-old women. What do I care? xD

41. Going to the Chapel by Rebecca Kelley - I can really identify with Louise so I like this one. 

42. The Treasure of Pelican Cove by Milly Howard - Finished in a day. Cute. 

43. The Mystery of Pelican Cove by Milly Howard - Again, just cute. 

44. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - This was a really good one! Some parts of it I didn't understand but for the most part I got it. 

45. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - Yet another one of my favorite books. 

46. The Sight by Erin Hunter - It was okay. I didn't really understand it since this was my first Warriors book. 

47. Becky's Brainstorm by Elaine L. Schulte - I LOVE the Twelve Candles Club! It's sad that they went out of print, the stories are really fun to read. 

48. Cara's Beach Party Disaster by Elaine L. Schulte - This one was good too. Cara was being ridiculous, though. 

49. An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott - This one took me a really long time to read, for some reason. 

50. Little Men by Louisa May Alcott - I don't like it as much as Little Women, but I LOVED seeing Jo and Professor Bhear as parents! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! 

51. Gangsters at the Grand Atlantic by Sarah Masters Buckey - Another History Mystery. I liked that it took place in the twenties. The twenties slang that they slipped in didn't seem natural, though.  

52. Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare - Amazing! 

53. The Hidden Inheritance by Carolyn Keene - I was puzzled when I saw this because I didn't even remember it. xD I had to look it up for it to come back to me. It's one of those continuation mail-order Nancy Drew books. Nothing great. 

54. Recipes and Wooden Spoons by Judy Baer - I think it was a bit too descriptive, it got boring with Jane trying to "find herself" all the time. xD 

55. Bound for Oregon by Jean Van Leeuwen - This was a sweet book. 

56. The Cabin Faced West by Jean Fritz - Very easy read, very cute. 

57. Tricia's Got T-R-O-U-B-L-E by Elaine L. Schulte - I don't think I actually fully finished this one. 

58. Wildwood by Colin Meloy - I loved it, aside from the language and the creepy backstory prophecy thing. That's why I didn't finish Under Wildwood - it sounded like it was going to continue that.

59. Grace by Mary Casanova - Nothing special.

60. On the Victory Trail by Marsha Hubler - This was a sweet book. I got it for $2.00 at Walmart because I noticed it was by a Christian author. It made me cry.

61. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale - I loved this one!! I really want to read the rest of the trilogy.

62. Winter Wonders by Melody Carlson - I love Alice's perseverance

63. A Wrinkle in Time by Medeleine L'Engle - This book was AWESOME! Wow!! I ship Calvin and Meg HARD. 

64. A Wind in the Door by Medeleine L'Engle - Not as good as the first one. Still cool, though. A bit freaky. 

65. Into the Wild by Erin Hunter - Another one of my favorite books. 

66. Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott - My least favorite of the Little Women series. I cried at the end. 

67. Fire and Ice by Erin Hunter - *claps* 

68. Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren - This was a lighthearted and funny book that will make you smile. 

69. Forest of Secrets by Erin Hunter - RIP sensible Bluestar. 

70. Rising Storm by Erin Hunter - *pulls hair out* 

71. The Mystery of the 99 Steps by Carolyn Keene - I was disappointed because this is one of the most popular Nancy Dew books. Every time something exciting happened the author just took the easy way out of it. It was a horrible book. 

72. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

73. The Fairy-Tale Detectives by Michael Buckley - It's like in the middle between like and dislike. 

74. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett - This book is amazing! It's so sweet. <3

76. Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery - My favorite Anne book so far. SOOOO ROMANTIC! BTW, the Green Gables Fables adaptation of it is amazing. You have not lived until you have watched it. Look it up. 

77. Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott - This one took me a really long time to finish for some reason. I really like who Rose ended up with, though!

78. Clues in the Shadows by Kathleen Ernst - I remember this being my favorite mystery when I was younger. :)

79. The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene - My favorite Nancy Drew book so far (as I am re-reading the whole series). 

80. The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene - This was my favorite when I was younger. I thought it was very spooky and scary. (That's what I liked). I was disappointed the second time around. 

81. A Dangerous Path by Erin Hunter - :D

82. The Darkest Hour by Erin Hunter - :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (Basically, WOAH WHAT EVEN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

83. The Tower Treasure by Franklin W. Dixon - The original version of the Hardy Boys Mystery, not the heavily edited one. I didn't like it that much. 

84. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare - One of my favorite books in the universe. It's AMAZING! 

85. Summer Promise by Robin Jones Gunn - If it's Christy Miller, it's amazing. 

86. A Whisper and a Wish by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

87. Yours Forever by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

88. Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke - I love Janette Oke! This book is awesome. 

89. Heartbreak Trail by Susan K. Marlow - I love it! 

90. The Railway Children by E. Nesbit - This was an amazing book. The ending was sooo sweet! 

91. Elsie's Girlhood by Martha Finley - Umm, it was okay. It seems like Elsie never grew up. Seriously. She still acts like a five-year-old. xP

92. Sophie and the Scoundrels by Nancy Rue - So-so

93. Love's Enduring Promise by Janette Oke - Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Missie's wedding was soooo sweet!

94. Sophie's Irish Showdown by Nancy Rue - This one was a lot better then the Scoundrels one. 

95. Love's Long Journey by Janette Oke - AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (All of Janette Oke's books are awwwwwwwwwwwww)

96. Surprise Endings by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

97. Island Dreamer by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

98. A Heart Full of Hope by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

99. The Bungalow Mystery by Carolyn Keene - This Nancy Drew book was really good, actually!

100. Elsie's Womanhood by Martha Finley - It still seems like Elsie never grew up. I like her and Travilla together, though. Jack is relentless, though. It was unrealistic. 

101. True Friends by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

102. Starry Night by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

103. Seventeen Wishes by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

104. A Time to Cherish by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

105. Sweet Dreams by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

106. A Promise is Forever by Robin Jones Gunn - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST BOOK EVER! SO AMAZING! SO CUTE! JUST....CAN'T EVEN! 

107. Rush Revere and the Star-Spangled Banner by Rush Limbaugh and Kathryn Adams Limbaugh - I love a good Rush Revere book. ;P

108. Love's Unending Legacy by Janette Oke - Awwww. 

109. Cecile: Gates of Gold by Mary Casanova - This AG book (Girls of Many Lands) was good. It's written for a bit of an older audience, so I like it better than most AG books. 

110. Kathleen: The Celtic Knot by Siobahn Parkinson - Basically, the same as what I said about Gates of Gold. 

111. Until Tomorrow by Robin Jones Gunn - <3 <3 <3

112. As You Wish by Robin Jones Gunn - <3 <3 <3

113. I Promise by Robin Jones Gunn - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE LAST LINE OF THE BOOK. I CAN'T. 

114. Bluestar's Prophecy by Erin Hunter - I loved learning more about Bluestar's life. It helped my annoyance with her and Tigerclaw to lessen a bit. 

115. The Lopsided Christmas Cake by Jean Brunstetter and Wanda E. Brunstetter - This one was just funny and really cute. :) 

116. Only You, Sierra by Robin Jones Gunn - I love how this still has Christy in it, but introduces new characters at the same time. It also fills in the gap between Christy Miller Series and College Years. I loved reading about *spoiler* Tracy and Doug's wedding! (Well that's not in this book, but basically that's how I feel about the entire series.)

117. In Your Dreams by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

118. Don't You Wish by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

119. Close Your Eyes by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

120. Without a Doubt by Robin Jones Gunn - <3

121. With This Ring by Robin Jones Gunn - <3 

122. Open Your Heart by Robin Jones Gunn - The last book in 2015 that I read! I can't believe that I have seriously read 122 books in 2015!! Hopefully I'll get to read even more this year! 

Thanks for reading! :) 

~Lydia~ <3

9 comments:

  1. woah :) you read like a crazy amount of books this past year! good for you, that's amazing.
    YAY!! i'm so glad that you're back :) we've missed you here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Autumn! I'm glad to be back! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. YAYYYYY BOOKS. Wow, that's an incredible amount of books! I may have to check out a few of them :)

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellie! I hope you do! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. Sooo glad you're back, Lydia! This was a super fun post to read!!
    I loved the Trixie Belden books while Julie Campbell was writing them, but after Kathryn Kenny (did you know that's just a pen name?!) took over, they weren't as good. Which is why I stopped reading them.
    The other thing that bugs me about the TB books (the Kathryn Kenny ones)is that when they go on trips and stuff, there's always at least one member of the Bob-Whites (usually either Dan, Diana, or both) who can't come. It's like the author is too lazy to write about them or something so they just get rid of them. xD
    Congrats on reading 122 books in 2015! That is AWESOME.
    *Sunny
    P.S. Now I can't wait to read Anne of the Island! I'm currently in the middle of Anne of Avonlea (and have been for AGES) but am really looking forward to the next book! :D
    P.P.S. I loved the end of the Happy Valley Mystery!!! EEEE!!! The only real TB book by KK that I actually liked. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunny! :) It's good to be posting again!
      I know, I agree! I didn't stop reading them, but the definitely aren't as good as the ones by Julie Campbell. Because Kathryn Kenney isn't just a pseudonym name, though, and different authors write under that name, some of the books are better then others. It depends on who is writing that book. ;)
      Anne of the Island is AMAZING...it will make you scream into your pillow but cry with happiness at the same time. xP
      I KNOW....I just kept re-reading the ending of that book for like five minutes before I could actually process what had happened. xD

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. Hi! I wanted to let you know that I started and nominated you for a tag. I call it the "Earliest Memories Tag." I would love it if you participated! Here is the link to my post that has the questions: http://bethanyr4him.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-earliest-memories.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lydia, thank you for recommending my book, ABANDONED. I wrote a sort-of sequel to it a few years ago, called HALL OF HEROES. Here is the page on amazon, but if you promise to post a review of it on Amazon, I will send you a free copy. You can email me at jeriwho@pipeline.com to send me your snail mail address - Jeri Massi
    http://www.amazon.com/Hall-Heroes-Novel-Peabody-Wisconsin/dp/1492989703/

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan