Friday, January 8, 2016

What I Got for Christmas 2015

Hey guys!

So for this week's post I'm going to be doing a Christmas "haul".

Let's get right into it. :D

(Please note that the few pictures used in this post are stock pictures, and they don't belong to me.)

  • A Bible (NKJV) + A Bible cover
  • Two bracelets (one with little golden presents, and one with mini purple elephants)
  • A birthstone necklace 
  • A hairbrush 


  • This Aurora stuffed animal  - my mom got this for me because it looks just like my favorite real-life cat, Twinkle. So I named her Twinkle Jr. xD I also have another cat, Twilight, and he's Jo's favorite cat, so she got one that looks like him. His name is (naturally) Twilight Jr. xD 
  • Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen 
  • Emma by Jane Austen 
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (I'm so glad to finally have my own copy!)


I'm a bit weird as far as 11-year-olds go...I love to read organizing/home economics books and I'm obsessed with vintage fashion (or anything vintage, really). So most of these books down here are on those topics. 
  • Amy Barickman's Vintage Notions - This book is something really cool my mom got me. It's a compilation of different things from a send-away sewing or cooking course you could take from the 1920s and 1930s. It has lots of little sewing projects and things like that, all vintage. It's really cool. 
  • Home Economics: Vintage Advice and Practical Science for the 21st-century Household - This is like Vintage Notions except it's a compilation of different articles from home-ec textbooks from the 1900s to 1940s. 
  • How to Sew a Button by Erin Bried - This book has a bunch of different old cooking, sewing, and cleaning tips.    


  • Breakfast at Tiffany's - I got the DVD for this movie. Can't wait to watch it. 
  • Return to the Canadian West, books 1 and 2 by Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan 
  • Gertie Sews Vintage Casual - I love reading Gertie's blog, and I have her first book, so I was really happy to get her second one! 
  • The Sierra Jensen Series Volumes 1, 2 and 3 
  • The Christy Miller Series Volumes 1, 2, 3 and 4 - I've read all of these books before (I borrowed them for the library) but I didn't have my own copy of any of them. So when I opened the final one (which also happened to be my favorite in the series [I opened it first]) I screamed and then started crying. Literally, crying. I was that happy. (This is my favorite series on the face of the earth. Besides Narnia. It's a tie with Narnia.)
That's most of what I got for Christmas. I got a few other smaller things, but they aren't really worth mentioning here. 

Thanks so much for reading! What did you get for Christmas? 

~Lydia~ <3

2 comments:

  1. Your gifts all sound so awesome! One can never receive too many books :) The bracelets sound really cool too.
    I got, among other things, a fountain pen, the Battle of Five Armies Extended Edition movie, fuzzy socks, and a couple fandom shirts (panic! and sherlock).

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Those sound like awesome gifts! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan