Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Little House Tag

Hey guys!

Ashley at A to Z is having a Little House on the Prairie blog party! And I love Little House so I thought I'd join in by doing her tag. :) Here we go!




 1. How did you discover Little House? 
My mom bought me literally ALL of the Little House picture books when I was around four. I couldn't read yet, but I would spend hours looking at the pictures and making up narrations for all of them. I knew the book that documented the first part of Little House on the Prairie by heart! The next Christmas I had found out that there were "big girl" books, so I asked for those. I still have both copies of Big Woods and Prairie. :)

2. Which Little House series have you read? Which is your favorite? 
I've read all of Martha, the first two Charlotte ones, the first Caroline, all of the Laura books, and half of the first Rose one. I think my favorite is The Martha Years or the Laura Years. I LOVE the Martha years - probably my second favorite. I can't really judge any of the other series, as I've only read one or two out of each of them. (I probably would have read a lot more of all of the other series by now, but I have to order the original editions from Ebay - the newer editions are abridged! *everybody gasps in horror*)

3. Have you read any "extra" Little House books? (non "canon", cookbooks, song books, craft books, little kid books, etc) 
I have the picture books, I have the Little House craft book, the Little House guidebook (to all the different LH sites), LH paper dolls, I have some books with the abridged stories taken out of various books and put into their separate editions, an LH cookbook, and a board book kind of like the picture books, except shorter and it has a button on the front cover that when you press it it (used to) play "Pop! goes the weasel".

4. Have you read any biographies/autobiographies about Laura or any of the Little House girls?
I've read one biography about Laura's actual life that was geared for kids quite a long time ago. It was part of a series about famous people of America's past as kids.

5. If you could be in any character's place, who would you choose and why? 
Probably Mary's place. I really identify with her, as she's the oldest and always expected to be good all the time. I would love to see what Mary was thinking when Laura thought she was just being exasperating.

6. What's your favorite Little House ship? (AKA couple) 
MARTHA AND LEWIS. (I hope I'm getting his name right, correct me if I'm wrong :P) I ship them HARD.


7. What's your favorite Little House book? Cover? 
Hmmm...my favorite LH book? This is hard. I would probably have to say Little House in the Big Woods, though. I've read it more than any other Little House book I own. As far as covers, I would have to say I really love these illustrations on the abridged Little House "chapter books" (for beginning readers). Although I love all the illustrations on all the covers, these are just pretty. :)

8. If you could invite any secondary character from any of the Little House books over for dinner, who would you choose and why? 
Ma, hands down. I would ask her so many questions about running a frontier home. (I love cooking/cleaning/housekeeping things. Sorry.)

9. Have you watched the Little House TV show? If so, do you enjoy it? 
I've seen all of the first and second seasons, and a tiny bit of the beginning of the third season. I saw the seasons one/two when I was six and seven, so I don't really remember much about it - but I did enjoy it and I've watched a few episodes since then. I remember, though, I used to LOVE the episode about Olga going to Laura's party. I watched it OVER AND OVER OVER. And I always cheered for Olga when she started to run around the yard. :)

10. If you could watch a YouTube miniseries on any Little House book or series, which would you choose and how would the basic plot go?
Okay, first of all - THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Like now. Anyway, I would probably choose These Happy Golden Years, just because it's my second favorite Laura years book and I think it could be easily adapted into a modern-day miniseries.
But if any YouTube miniseries production people are reading.
MAKE THIS PLEASE. xD

So those are my answers to the Little House tag! If you want to check out the Little House blog party or do the tag for yourself, click here! 

Thanks for reading!

~Lydia~ <3

6 comments:

  1. AHHHHH I LOVE THIS POST! Oh my goodness, I loved those picture books. I got the chapter books when I was a bit older. AND MARTHA AND CHARLOTTE AND CAROLINE AND AGH. Charlotte's book was my favorite, but Martha's was quite good too. I never liked Rose's, for some reason. I don't know why.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The pictures are gorgeous, too. Sometimes I just like to sit down and stare at all the illustrations. :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. Starting with the picture books must have been so fun!
    *gasps at the abridged versions with you* WHY?!?!
    A musical little house board book! Sweet glory!!! That's awesome!
    LEWWWWW!!
    Please, please, please make a web series YT peeps!
    Thanks for filling this out! I had fun reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was! I have lots of fun memories of my mom reading them to me. All. The. Time.
      I KNOW! Just keep the normal books and put on the beautiful covers! :P
      Yep! The "Pop! Goes the Weasel" song doesn't work anymore, though..hehheh.
      I KNOW...he's just...LEW! <3
      Yes, that would be AMAZING. If it's anything like the other miniseries it would be so awesome!
      No problem! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. Oh! I'm participating too, at my blog Vintage Slippers(http://nineteenfiftiesfashionista.blogspot.com/2016/02/little-house-on-prairie-week.html) Couldn't pass it up!
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan