Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Interview with Willowy Whisper

Hello everybody!

First it was just a letter, maybe a joke, a coincidence. Now it was more than that. Now it was a living nightmare, threatening everyone he loved, pulling his greatest fear into a reality....
As the letters keep coming, Brock Sumner watches his world shatter at his feet. Building a wall around his heart seemed like the only answer. Is there another way to protect the woman he loves?
A drunk, with no incentive to change; a runaway, with a price on his back; a young child, afraid in the dark...
Will the letters, perhaps, pull their lives together? Or will the killer find a way to destroy them all?

You might have heard that the book The Letter by Willowy Whisper has just come out. You also might have heard that it is going on a blog tour, and I will be participating! The author of the book was kind enough to answer a few questions that I asked her. My questions will be in bold and her answers will be in normal text. :)

1. How would you describe yourself in three sentences or less?
Probably the first thing people notice when they first talk to me is my unfailing obsession with romance. I am hopelessly dreamy, adventurous, and a little too daring for my own good (or at least that's what my mother says).

2. What inspired you to write The Letter
I can't really say there was anything specific that "inspired" this novel. I pretty much just brainstormed for the right plot and then started writing.

3. What was the most fun part of writing this book? 
The love story. The kisses - the tender moments - the quiet whispers - the heart break. It was all so exciting to bring to life, especially after the misfortune my character suffered in the last book. Bringing him true love was such a joy.

4. What was the most frustrating part? (Editing, plotting, etc)
I'll have to say that beginning this novel was probably the hardest. For some reason, I just could not get into their world, couldn't shape the characters, couldn't put feeling behind my words. It took a lot of writing, erasing, and rewriting (plus praying between all those) before I finally got the "good start" that I had hoped for.

5. Were there any major differences between the first draft and the final edit? 
Honestly, no. Besides a few small stuff and grammar fixings, The Letter pretty much stands the way it was when I first wrote it. I know a lot of writers rewrite a lot, but I basically go with whatever I put down the first time. I was never good at writing a scene I'd already written once.

6. How long does it usually take you to write one book? 
In the past, I pretty much averaged a novel a year. The Letter, however, is double the length of my other novels, so it took me a year and a half.

7. What is one thing you love about your main character(s) in The Letter?
If Brock Sumner existed in real life, I would probably marry him. He is masculine and godly - with a caring heart for others and an out-of-this-world voice. In a nutshell, he's everything I'm waiting for in my future husband.

8. What is your usual set-up for writing? (Do you always have coffee to sip on? Any music?)
I go in my room. Shut the door. Turn on the sound machine. And crash out on the bed. With four siblings in the house, I've found that this is the best way to drown out the noises and get peace. And as for coffee? No. Music? No. When I'm writing, silence is my best companion.

9. Would you believe me if I told you cookies grew on trees, were picked by a chipmunk, and sent to the supermarket in a tiny plastic rocket? ;) 
Trick question? *wink*

10. Finally, how do you think your faith in Jesus Christ reflects in your writing? 
My characters are stuck in the world I put them in, in the situation I put them in, with the people I put them with. Many times they undergo extreme trials, and during these times, my characters seek out "the rock that is higher than I". In The Letter, I had many different characters to work with: those who's faith is being tested, those who's faith never wavered, and those who finally accepted faith. My Savior is big in my life - and it only seems fitting that He should be in the lives of my characters.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you, Willowy Whisper! Your new book sounds awesome and I will totally be checking it out soon! If any of you want to read the book, you can check it out here.

~Lydia~ <3

2 comments:

  1. You're so welcome! You were such a joy to have in the blog tour, and your questions were fun (and witty).
    Thank you...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan