Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A Novel Idea - 1

Hello!

I'm participating in the weekly linkup "A Novel Idea" hosted by Sky at Further Up and Further In and Ashley at Ashley Aspires. If you want to learn more about this linkup or participate, you can check it out by clicking the button above. :-)


This week's theme is telling about my writing style/what I like to write.

My writing style is different at different times. When I first started writing my stories were all upbeat and happy and didn't have anything sad about them at all. Then my first full book started going in the cliche YA direction, which is eventually why I stopped writing it. I'm actually not really sure what my writing style is right now. It really depends on the book I'm writing.

One novella I have written for a message board I go on is quite slowly-paced, with a sad note to it and it's very descriptive. It's a little mellow-dramatic. But that's definitely not my overall writing style.

A book series I'm writing is really more for comedy then for anything super serious. There are lots of sarcastic comments and jokes. It does have action in it, but I definitely wouldn't call it an "adventure" series.

So I think it really depends on the book that I'm writing. I can change my tone to whatever fits the plot and story of the book quite easily. :-)

That about wraps it up! What do you think?

~Lydia~ <3

9 comments:

  1. Fun post! I can definitely relate to your answer! Sometimes it really does depend on what story you're writing.:) I know that the genre I enjoy writing in is fantasy (I don't know the difference between fantasy and epic fantasy, do you?), but I don't know if I will stick to that when my writing journey continues.:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I agree.
      I don't - it seems that fantasy is usually pretty epic and action-packed anyway. ;)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. I'm totally doing this! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tagged you by the way. No pressure. ;)

      http://4rmeddy.blogspot.com/2016/06/its-show-time-tag.html

      Delete
    2. :D
      Thanks for tagging me!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. I agree that the way one writes changes depending on the genre. One of my manuscripts which I am hoping to pick up this summer is super light hearted, but another project I'm working on is heavy. Anyways, I loved this post! Hopefully we can see some snippets of your projects-- if you'd allow it, of course.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Morning!
      I'll try to post some of my stories soon - I'm planning on posting the first chapter of my WIP. Editing is taking longer than I thought, though. ;P

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. I think writing styles can change, depending on the genre. Each genre has its own style, and I think that influences how different stories are written.

    I enjoyed reading about your writing style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way! My writing style changes so often with each book. It's been hard to figure out what overarching genre I like to write, mostly because I like to write so many different ones! I think I'm a bit of a writing chameleon--I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan