Thursday, July 14, 2016

A Novel Idea - 2

Hello!

Today I'm participating in A Novel Idea, a writing linkup hosted by Sky at Further Up and Further In and Ashley at Ashley Aspires. Click on the button below to learn more!



This week, make a collage with pictures that describe one of your characters. You can use pictures of your character or pictures that describe him/her (or both!). Have fun with this - don't overthink it! Hopefully it'll be a nice break from actually writing and help you learn more about your character at the same time! 

I had waaay too much fun with this one. :D Once again I'm using Olivia from my Star Trek fanfiction. (Second book almost done XD)


The first picture just reminded me of Olivia. She wears a yellow uniform, so I just included some pictures of yellow flowers. :P

The second picture is a phaser, the weapon Olivia carries around with her most of the time.

The third picture is of space because...well...I think you can guess why. xD

The fourth picture is of the Star Trek crew. They are such a big part of Olivia's life, and of the book series, so of course I had to put in a picture of them.

The quote in the middle I thought really described the focus of the entire series. It's based a lot on family (and what it's about), togetherness, and finding where your home really is. You wouldn't think a fanfiction would be this deep but it really just turned out that way. xD

The sixth picture is of Anna Popplewell. I use her for book covers and trailers. She's not exactly how I imagine Olivia (jet black hair, green eyes, no freckles or dimple, much younger) but she's the easiest person to find pictures and video clips of for me. :P

The seventh picture I imagine as a journal or diary, and the first story I ever wrote with Olivia in it was supposed to be her writing in her "old-fashioned" diary.

Another picture of Olivia. :P

And finally, some more yellow flowers to finish everything off. XD

So there we go! I had so much fun with the post this week. Hope you guys enjoyed!

~Lydia~ <3 

8 comments:

  1. I love the picture of space and the one of the Star Trek crew!

    Ellie | My Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. First off, Star Trek fanfiction? Yes please. I LOVE Star Trek. The collage gave me such a good feel for your story and your character. It was so creative that you used yellow flowers to represent the yellow uniform. Even though she isn't exactly like Olivia, I also love that you're using Anna Popplewell. This collage is overall gorgeous. Seriously, so good. Thanks so much for linking up!

    Sky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sky! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much, Sky! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. I don't know much about Star Trek but this seems pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan