Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Beautiful People - July 2016

Hello!

I'm participating in the linkup "Beautiful People", hosted by Sky at Further Up and Further In and Cait at Paper Fury. If you want to learn more about the linkup (anyone can participate) click the button below! :)  

I'm going to be using my character Olivia from my Star Trek fanfiction...I know that some people could say doesn't really count as a book since it's only a fanfiction, but I really enjoy writing these things, and I'm writing for myself, not other people. :)


1) DO THEY WANT TO GET MARRIED AND/OR HAVE CHILDREN? WHY OR WHY NOT?
Olivia is open to either one. She thinks, if she wants to pursue a career in Starfleet, it would be easier to stay unmarried. But at the same time, she wants to have kids and give them the love that she had never known for at least twelve years. 

2) WHAT'S THEIR WEAPON OF CHOICE? (IT DOESN'T NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE A PHYSICAL WEAPON.) 
A phaser, of course. ;) 

3) WHAT'S THE NICEST THING THEY'VE EVER DONE FOR SOMEONE ELSE, AND WHY DID THEY DO IT? 
I think one of the nicest things she's ever done is risking her life, and ever seeing her new family again, to help a girl being held captive in a strange place. Olivia may seem snarky and sarcastic on the outside, but she has a soft spot in her heart for girls like her who were lonely and afraid. 

4) HAVE THEY EVER BEEN PHYSICALLY VIOLENT WITH SOMEONE, AND WHAT INSTIGATED IT? 
She has, quite a few times. She didn't want to fight, but sometimes people or creatures forced her to act in self-defense. 

5) ARE THEY A RULE-FOLLOWER OR A REBEL? 
Well, let's see...
She often tries (and succeeds) in going to places her father forbids. 
Rarely she does her math on time without stalling. 
She often messes around with the medical equipment when she's bored. 
So, I'd say she's more of a rebel. :P 

6) ARE THEY ORGANIZED OR MESSY? 
Olivia likes being organized (her stepfather definitely did not have OCD, so she had to live in a really messy house all the time) but sometimes she just gets too busy. It depends on how much time she has on her hands. 

7) WHAT MAKES THEM FEEL LOVED, AND WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE THEM FEEL THAT WAY? 
Somebody really, actually genuinely caring. Somebody willing to give up a little bit of time in their day to spend time with her. Winks and smiles whenever she passes by the other person. 
The whole Starfleet crew has made her feel that way. They've been so open and kind with her, and really made her feel like she belongs. She doesn't feel like the only kid on the ship - she feels like another person in the crew. 

8) WHAT DO THEY EAT FOR BREAKFAST? 
Hmmm...rubbery pancakes generated from he materializing system. They honestly aren't very good. 

9) HAVE THEY EVER LOST SOMEONE CLOSE TO THEM? WHAT HAPPENED? 
Both her parents. Her father died in a car crash, then her mother remarried. Then her mother died of an illness. 

10) WHAT'S THEIR TREAT OF CHOICE? (OR, IF NOT FOOD, HOW DO THEY REWARD THEMSELVES?) 
Her treat of choice is definitely strawberry shortcake. She had it homemade for her thirteenth birthday on the ship instead of cake. 

That about wraps it up! Thanks for reading everyone! 

~Lydia~ <3  

14 comments:

  1. This was so much fun to read, Lydia! I love the Beautiful People link-up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, this looks like fun. Sounds like a really cool character. (AND ITS STAR TREK SO OF COURSE SHES COOL) ;)
    ~ Suzy | Craftz'n'Craziness, Lookin' Good Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia sounds awesome! And oh my goodness anything Star Trek of course counts as real.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so much fun to read! I don't watch "Star Trek," but if I read your fan fiction I bet it would be amazing! You can check out my "Beautiful People" if you want to! c:
    https://polaroidbooks.wordpress.com/2016/07/06/beautiful-people-4-july-edition/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try it out, it's a great show. :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  5. This was fun to read! I get what you mean about feeling like fan fiction isn't really a book, I'm struggling with that because I'm making my own fan fiction and sort of feeling like it's pointless to my writing career. But really, I'm putting as much effort into this as any other story I've done! ;D Awesome post once again, I love the character you made up!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think it's really pointless, it gives you a lot of good writing practice. :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  6. Olivia sounds like a cool character. And I agree that fan fiction can feel like it's not "real" writing . . . but I'd argue that it's as legitimately "real" as original writing, and has its own set of challenges. (Because yes, you're not making up your own world and you're not always making up your own characters, but you do have to keep any canon characters in-character and make sure you don't mess with canon in other ways.) Plus, it's really fun. I'd love to do more of it if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Writing for yourself is legit, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Olivia sounds like a really cool character. I love the contrast you've put in here about how sarcastic and abrasive she might seem but how much she really does care about people. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you. :D I didn't want her to be a stereotypical kickbutt character but I didn't want her to be a Mary Sue either. So I mixed them. XD

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan