Thursday, August 4, 2016

White Mountains - 2016

Hello!

I am going to be on vacation starting tomorrow (how ironic XD) so I won't be seeing or moderating comments until I get back.

In case you didn't know, in late July I went on a super fun vacation in the White Mountains. We go there every Summer, and this year some friends let us borrow their pop-up camper for a week. It was so much fun and we are planning on going back next year in the pop-up camper again.

Here are some pictures and stories from our trip. WARNING: Very picture-heavy! ;)


The first morning of the camping trip, (after we had gotten there that night) Jo and I woke up at about 5:00 to this. We got a waterfront campsite with a lovely little beach overlooking the pond the campground surrounded, so we saw a beautiful sunrise every morning. 

The water looks like it's cotton candy!

A little while later we went kayaking! Because we had a waterfront site we could easily go whenever we wanted. :D

That's me fishing. I caught one fish throughout the whole trip. Jo caught six. :P



This is us at Storyland! It's an adorable theme park (more geared for little kids but who cares) that we've been going to for years. Actually since I was one. This is us in front of a (rather creepy) talking tree. XD The wall behind it is where you can write your name with chalk on the "branches". 

I'm the one with her hands raised. I've been on this roller coaster a million times. XD


Jo wanted to go on the antique car ride they had so I went with her. She doesn't look like a very good driver here with her hands off the wheel. ;) 

The next morning we had bacon, eggs and toast! Jo doesn't like eggs so she just had the other two things. She made bacon toast. This is her eating it. XD


We went to Storyland again the day afterward. I used to be obsessed with this mountain hut thing when I was little (it's really cute) so of course we had to go in. ;)



We could also go swimming whenever we wanted right off the campsite. :D





We did go to a bigger beach, though.


Jo wanted help with her sandcastle. :D







We used the dutch oven a couple times. We made peach cobbler and ham and cheese potatoes (that's what's in the oven right now).


I had such a fun time during our trip and I'll never forget it! Thanks to our friends for being so AWESOME and letting us borrow their trailer!! :D

Thanks for reading everyone!

~Lydia~ <3

16 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had tons of fun!! Have a great vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photography! You're extremely talented <3

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love these pictures! It looks like you had an awesome time! Fun post!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, it was so much fun!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. Wow, sounds like an awesome trip! :D I *just* got back from a week of camping. LOVE. IT. SO. MUCH. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, camping is so much fun. We hadn't gone in quite awhile, so it was fun to get the experience again. :3

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  5. Beautiful corner of the world. The last photo here, with the pristine water and idylic row of trees, took my breath away.

    I hope that your next trip is every bit as fun, exciting, and (at the same time) relaxing, too.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Beautiful pictures too! Just wondering, how DO you use a dutch oven? It looked like a pot with a bunch of rocks in it. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Well, first you start a fire in a little thing called a "chimney" (although it's not a real chimney xD). You put the coals over the fire, and as they heat up they start to turn white. Once they are warm you put them on the bottom of the dutch oven and on the top, and the heat cooks the food inside. :) It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and the food is always delicious too!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  7. I love all the pics! :D
    And, I tagged you for the 3-Day Quote Tag! http://akansasfarmersdaughter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're having a wonderful vacation!
    Just so you know, I've tagged you. http://thegirlwiththegoldpen.blogspot.com/2016/08/ive-been-tagged-power-of-words-tag.html
    No pressure, only do it if you want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for tagging me! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan