Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Movie Review - Now You See Me (2013)

Hello everyone!

Recently I went to a sleepover and my friends and I all watched the movie Now You See Me together. I thought it would be a good movie to review, so here we go!


Charismatic magician Atlas leads a team of talented illusionists called the Four Horsemen. Atlas and his comrades mesmerize audiences with a pair of amazing magic shows that drain the bank accounts of the corrupt and funnel the money to audience members. A federal agent and an Interpol detective intend to rein in the Horsemen before their next caper, and they turn to Thaddeus, a famous debunker, for help. 

***
Now, let me just start by saying, this movie is rated PG-13, and mostly for language. The s-word and a-word are in abundance, and a couple other worse ones used less often. Surprisingly, there wasn't much actual violence. There were chase scenes, and there was the classic car-blow-up scene, plenty of guns and fist-fights, but nothing extremely gory and not a lot of blood. 
And...yes...there was one sexual part right at the beginning (talk about making a good first impression, Now You See Me. Ugh) where the guy takes the girl to his apartment, but then he kicks her out because he has super important spy business. :P The scene was about two or three minutes long. I would have preferred not to have seen that part, but it wasn't as bad as other movies. 

Anywho, now that we've gotten that stuff out of the way...I actually really liked the movie itself. I hate the swearing and that one part, obviously, but the plot and the magic tricks and the entire scheme was really cool. 
I think my favorite part was the ending, with the carousel and the colors on the building...that's all I can say without spoiling it. xD AND THAT PLOT TWIST AT THE END, THOUGH. I felt really bad for Thaddeus...:P 
My friends were also spewing out facts throughout the entire movie (they had all seen it before except me) about how a lot of the tricks were the real thing. I thought that was pretty cool, too. 
It was hard to follow the storyline at some points (that might be partly due to the fact that we were a little distracted...talking and doing slumber party stuff...and seeing who could stuff their faces with the most chocolate sprinkles...) and it was very fast-paced, but I could follow it well enough to understand what what happening. 
There was too much swearing for it to be on my top favorites list), but it was an enjoyable movie for me. 3.5 stars out of 5. 

~Lydia~ <3 
And in case you were wondering, I got four hours of sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan