Sunday, September 4, 2016

Screen Free Week

Hello!

I'm going to be the first to admit that I was very addicted to the computer. (And still am, sort of.) I have tried to gradually cut back on it, but it didn't really work. So, I decided I was going to be doing screen free week. No computer, iPads, phones, Wii, or anything like that.
Sooo...while I was having dinner with my family I told them what I was going to do this week and not to tempt me. :P Surprisingly, they all joined up with me. My mom could check her email once-in-awhile, and I was allowed to look at Etsy sometimes with Jo (we both like looking at vintage clothing together xD), but that was it. And we could also watch TV, but only after 6:00 at night. Also during the end of the week Jo and I allowed ourselves to make goofy musical.lys. xD

So, here are some things I did and observations I made during the week.

I kept almost going to the computer by habit during the first couple days if I found myself bored with nothing to do. 
Jo and I are pretty good at doing tricks on our bikes. 
We went "fishing"...really we just swam but it was still fun. 
I got into basketball and am looking into joining a team.
Jo and I finally watched DokiDoki Precure together (something we've been meaning to do for FOREVER) 
Cure Sword is my favorite. 
We made some really, really weird musical.lys. xD 
I discovered embroidery!
I shopped for fabric for a new dress I want to make at JoAnn's. 
I spent lots of time with my family. 
I watched The Twilight Zone with my dad for the first time and it's so creepy but awesome at the same time. 
I got a lot of math done (which is good, I'm so behind it's not even funny)


All of that because I wasn't sitting on my behind staring at a screen! Half of these things I never would have done if I was able to the use the computer. Not using it gives you a strange feeling of freedom...
*cue Pink Sheep Illuminati music* 

ANYWAY! That was my week without screens. Hope you guys enjoyed! And I seriously recommend trying this for yourself, it's so worth it. :D 

~Lydia~ <3 

2 comments:

  1. So neat, Lydia! I did a week without any screen time once (besides my stop motioning camera aka iPad mini ;P) and got two really great stop motions done. It really is amazing how much stuff you can do when you're not on a screen!
    •Madi•

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya there peep!
    So I'm just leaving a random post on a random comment. (Um yes. I totally meant to word it that way. *nods rapidly* XD) *cough*
    So even though I don't comment often enough at all, I DO read your posts and enjoy them, rest assured. So even though you may hear neither hide nor hair of me, I do read your posts. ;)
    You're an amazing peep.
    ~Joshua 1:9

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan