Thursday, October 6, 2016

10 Great Sleepover Movies

Hello!

I held my first slumber party a couple days ago! I have had sleepovers with one or two friends before, but never with a bunch of people, so it was a lot of fun. :) [This was written in July, I've had a lot of other slumber parties since then. ;)] 

We watched a LOT of movies and TV shows. We didn't have a Narnia movie marathon (BOOOOO), because I wanted to wait until a couple other friends could make it as well, but we still watched some fun ones.


So, I have compiled a list of ten great movies/TV shows to watch at your next sleepover.

NARNIA
Well...yeah...duh. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader are fun because you can watch them all at once without taking up a TON of time (like with Harry Potter or something). 

ROMAN HOLIDAY 
This beautiful movie starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck is one of my absolute favorites. It's an adorable black-and-white film from 1953, and the ending is so bittersweet. 

STAR TREK 
Preferably TOS or Voyager. We watched this at my slumber party. Most of my friends weren't a fan of it (WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE), but one person got absolutely hooked! It was awesome! xD 

STATE FAIR 
This movie is a musical, so some of the songs are annoying to be honest, but it's an adorable, feel-good movie. :) 

A CHICK-FLICK
The Hallmark Original Movies are clean and really cheesy. 

THE PRINCESS BRIDE
I watched this for the first time at my slumber party, and it was so cute! I can see why it's Ted Cruz's some politician that I don't want to mention and cause controversy oh no I might offend someone by even mentioning his name (but he should have been President)'s favorite movie! There was one swear word towards the end, though. We were all shocked when we heard it. Just warning you. xD 

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE 
I grew up on Little House - and this show has something for everyone, whether you want action or comedy or a really dramatic tear-jerking story. It all depends on the episode you watch.

NOW YOU SEE ME
I actually just mentioned this movie recently, I really enjoyed it although there was a lot of swearing. A good action-y movie. ;)

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE
To be honest this is like a better, clean version of Now You See Me. Make sure you pick out the TV show, though! That's the one I meant. Not the remake movies.

NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND
Wonderful animated movie that made me tear up at the end. Tumblr-gif worthy, too, in my opinion. :3

There we go! My top 10 sleepover movies and TV shows. Hope you guys enjoyed! If you want to see more of my favorite movies (or which movies I didn't really like), you can always visit my Goodfilms here.

Have you ever watched any of these? What did you think of them?

~Lydia~ <3 

17 comments:

  1. ooOooOH The only Hallmark Movie I've seen is A Kiss at Midnight.. it wasn't bad but a tad cheesy but good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, most Hallmark movies are cheesy. Those Christmas movies are the exact same but with different characters and a different setting. xD But they are perfect for sleepovers. xD

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. Hey look, I'm commenting! ;)

    Ahem.

    I really love the Narnia movies, and Princess Bride is AWESOME. I haven't watched Little House on the Prairie in FOREVER...so I should probably watch them all again. :) This post was helpful and fun to read, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little House is such a cute show. So fun to revisit. :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. I've only seen Little House on the Prairie out of all these, LOL. :P Mission: Impossible sounds so epic though! :D This is super cool! :D
    •Madison•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mission: Impossible is great! Made in the 1960's so it's action-y but not super duper gory.

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. I HATE The Princess Bride!!! I mean, it's complicated... I ADORE Westley but Butttercup is my NEMESIS!!!

    Also, I grew up on Little House, too! Not such a huge fan of it now, tho. :)

    Have you ever sent the Anne of Green Gables movies? I think you would like. :)

    Musicals are da best! So many of the ones on your list I have never seen - agh! So many movies I need to watch!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Buttercup okay but one of my friends pointed out during the scene where Westley is fighting those giant rats Buttercup doesn't do ANYTHING until it comes to attack HER...:/
      I love the book series and I've seen the first movie, but not the other ones after that. I want to watch them sometime, though!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    2. I know, right? She is so melodramatic and weak!!! Yarg! I am going to kill that woman!

      You should watch the other two!!! They do depart from the books somewhat??? But as I didn't care for any of thgthgd books but the first one, I consider it an improvement! :)

      Delete
  5. "Ted Cruz's some politician that I don't want to mention and cause controversy oh no I might offend someone by even mentioning his name (but he should have been President) <----- YES PREACH IT, LYDIA!

    i thought this was a really creative post! I loved reading it :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe xD Yeah I really like Ted Cruz and he really should have been President honestly I'm really mad at the Republican party right now. ANYWAY...
      Thanks! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  6. AHHHH NARNIA MOVIE MARATHON AND THE PRINCESS BRIDE, YES YES.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narnia movie marathon ftw! ;D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  7. You know how I feel about Nausicaa :D Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep! Love you too! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan