Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween 2015

Hello everyone!

Happy Halloween!! Today I'm going to be showing you my Halloween costume from last year..hehe. Maybe next year you'll get to see the costume I'm going to be wearing tonight. I'm being Sandy from Grease. Which I have actually never seen I didn't find out until later it was supposed to be based off of something so please don't judge me because I know I'm 12 and it's not really a good 12-year-old movie. :-)

I went to a friend's house for Halloween last year, and this year I'm going to a party sort of thing at a different friend's house. :)

So I was Yeomen Janice Rand from Star Trek: TOS. She's my favorite female character in the series and I was sad when she never returned after season one.

Here's a picture of her for reference:


(Now obviously, my dress wasn't that short and the neckline didn't dip down like that.) I looked online and it was almost impossible to find a Star Trek costume that wasn't from the new movies and was under $50.00.

So, I asked my mom, and she said that she would make the costume for me, just like the year before when I was Susan Pevensie from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. She ended up having to use three different patterns to get the look I wanted for the costume. I made my own box thingy (I forget the name) that she always wears over her shoulder with a shoebox and painted it black, and then I went to Payless and bought black boots.

So here is my final costume!


I could not and would not wear my hair in that weird weave thing, so I just did a bun on the top of my head. xD

So yeah, that was my Halloween costume last year. Hope you guys enjoyed!

~Lydia~ <3

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Your costume looked GREAT, Lydia! And your hair looked amazing! :D
    •Madison•

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Star Trek costume! It's really good! Also, I think dressing up as Sandy is great - I love her clothes even if I don't like the movie. And it's not too bad a movie... just some parts of it aren't very nice and the message it sends is basically "don't stick to your morals if it's 'cool' to do bad stuff", which is not great.:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yeah, it's just these little bits of it that make me hesitant to watch it. What's funny is my friend was a pink lady from Grease as well, and we had no idea what the other person was going to be. :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan