Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Recently - 7

Hello!

Sorry this Recently is a little late. I didn't have time to write a post until today.

Reading
I'm re-reading the Little House series. I know the first two books about the Ingalls family almost by heart, but I remember almost nothing about Farmer Boy and I want to read the later books in the series again, as those were some of my favorites. :)

Writing 
I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year, it's going to be my first time. I'm very excited. :) I'm going to be writing the third book in my Scarlet mystery series. Leading up to November I am still doing a lot of editing on the first book. I am really happy with it so far and can't wait to look more into publishing!

Listening To 
Good old Taylor Swift. :P

Watching 
I watched a Disney Channel show for the first time in my life, Lab Rats. I have to say it is so stupid and unrealistic to actual high school but I liked it more then I thought I would. Not a show I would watch on the regular, though. :P

Other Stuff 
I'm going to a junior high girls Bible study at my church! I'm really excited, also my friend's friend that I Skype-talk-to a lot but have only met once briefly in real life is coming, so I'll get to actually spend time with her irl :D 
It's getting much colder and we are past our peak here in New Hampshire. So excited for Autumn! It's my favorite season. :) 

~Lydia~ <3 

9 comments:

  1. Yay for doing NaNo!! Are you doing the actual 50,000 word NaNo or the pick-your-goal Young Writer's Program? Due to lack of time, I usually end up doing the YWP. :) I'm super excited for NaNo this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is to do the 50,000 word one. We'll see if I can actually do that or not, though...;)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy your doing NaNo! You're going to love it. And even during the times it overwhelms you, just remember that you'll have more words than what you originally started with. I also agree-- Disney Channel shows now, whenever I babysit and watch them with the kids I babysit, are ridiculous. The last "good" one was Good Luck Charlie, and even that had some ridiculous moments. And FARMER BOY!!! I remember reading that-- I hardly remember any of the later books as we'll, to be honest. I should probably, like you, reread them again.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm excited! I hope I can get a lot done on my book.

      It was kind of a weird show, I guess I kind of semi-enjoyed it? Partly because it was kind of a sitcom, I guess? idk. :P

      I remember nothing about Farmer Boy, except I didn't really like it when I was younger because it was about Almanzo and not about Laura and Mary and the rest of the Ingalls. xD It's really cute so far, though!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. Good luck on NaNo!! That sounds so cool!
    •Madison•

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlet mystery series?? I didn't know you were writing that! Have you ever thought of posting snippets or character spotlights? :)
    Ooooh, you get to meet one of your Skype pals!!! That's so exciting!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I've been working on it for awhile. And I'm actually working on some character spotlights which should be up soon!
      Sadly I didn't get to meet her this time as I couldn't make it to the Bible study. :( But I will get to meet her at the next one, which is less then two weeks away. :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  5. Hi, Lydia! Just stopping by to say I tagged you for the Blogger Recognition Award!

    If you wanna check it out: https://storyanddarkchocolate.wordpress.com/2016/10/23/my-second-ever-tag/

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan