Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Back + Beta Readers

Hello!

I'm back. Unfortunately my family member has passed away, but once again I know she is in Heaven with Jesus where she is free of pain and suffering.

Anyway, I recently finished editing my first novella! I started writing it on 6/22/2015 so it has been well over a year since I started the first draft. Since I am hoping I can get this book published, we all know what this means...BETA-READING TIME!! :D :D

What is a beta-reader, you ask? A beta-reader reads a book for the author and as they read they point out things (grammatical errors, things you could add, descriptions, and what they thought of the chapter or book overall).

But before you go to sign up, here is the synopsis:

Scarlet Paddleburrow is on a train headed for Upstate New York, where her new boarding school is located. Along the way, she meets a girl who is also going to the school - Kat Davids. Together the two girls decide to investigate the strange happenings on the train. But everything goes downhill from there, and it's a true test of Scarlet's bravery and the girls' friendship.

The book is meant for girls aged 8-12 (although younger or older could read it, too, if they wanted) and is the first book in a series. It's completely clean. No swear words or anything like that.

So, want to beta-read? Click HERE to sign up!

The book will hopefully be sent out about a week after I post this, and from there you will have around a month to read it. It's a novella that's well under 10,000 words so it shouldn't be too hard at all. :)

Thanks guys!

~Lydia~ <3

6 comments:

  1. I would love to beta-read your novella! Just submitted the form. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to beta read it! Congratulations on finishing <3

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan