Wednesday, January 18, 2017

What I Got For Christmas - 2016

Hello everyone!

In today's post I thought I'd show you all what I got for Christmas this year. Before I start I would like to clarify I'm not trying to brag in any way. Personally I LOVE seeing what other people received for the holidays so I thought it would be fun to make a post about what I got. That's all. :-)

Some of these gifts are from my parents, some from my Grandpa, some from other family members and some from friends. :-)

With that said, let's get into it!




The first things I got were two Cherry Ames Boxed Sets! Cherry Ames is a book series for girls from the 1940s, and I think they went into the 1960s (I'm not entirely sure, though). I was looking through the Vermont Country Store catalog and saw they were publishing them again, and I flipped out because I had been wanting to read them for awhile. So I was sooo excited when I got these! Thanks mom! 


Next I got this Lindsey Stirling vinyl record. When I was about 7 years old my mom got me a record player from the 1970s and a bunch of old story-book-type records for Christmas. I used them for a little while and then they got packed up in the closet...recently vinyl has come back in, so I got out my record player again when received this!
I also got an Owl City one, and I was supposed to get a Tenth Avenue North record, too, but Amazon made a mistake and sent a Walk The Moon record...? Um, so yeah, we have to get that sorted out. :P



This was a shared gift from my parents for Jo and I. We have a portable DVD player in our room and we love watching Little House on the Prairie together. We just finished up the fifth season and didn't have the rest, so we both got the last few seasons. We're already on Disc 3 of season seven. ALMANZO AND LAURA ARE SO CUTE IT'S JUST I CAN'T EVEN




AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just about cried when I opened my Susan Narnia Tonner Doll!!! I love her SO MUCH! I am so grateful to my mom and dad! Thank you guys so much!!!!!!! <3
(Sorry about the exclamation points but how can I help it? :DDD)




I got all of these Agatha Christie books, they are all Miss Marple. I've already read one of them and  enjoyed it immensely! I'm super excited to read all of these. :D They are also all vintage, the oldest one is Murder With Mirrors which is from 1951 (it is in extremely good condition for being that old). 



Finally, I got an iPod Touch 6th Generation in Gold, as well as this adorable case (which is just me in a case, like seriously how perfect is this???) It's exactly like an iPhone except no phone feature and no payments, so it's great for me (I don't need a phone, I'm only twelve).

THANK YOU to my family, I love every single one of these gifts and I am so grateful! <3



My friends and I had a what will hopefully become annual Secret Santa, and the person who drew my name got me gel pens (which I needed), a little journal (not pictured) and the sticker pictured, which is symbolic of an inside joke we have about a lemon clover...(don't ask XD) Thank you, friend!

That's everything I got for Christmas! (Minus candy, of course. ;])

How do you celebrate Christmas (if you do celebrate it)? What are your favorite traditions? 

Thanks for reading, everyone!

~Lydia~ <3 

14 comments:

  1. I love Cherry Ames! The first two books are my favorite. I have like 15 or 20 of the old copies from the 1950's!:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first two are actually the ones I've read so far! I really enjoyed them! I like how Cherry keeps a feminine personality without being Nancy Drew-ish.
      That's awesome! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    2. That's what I liked about Cherry Ames as well! She was never a stereotype. I think the third book isn't as good as the others, but they get better again after that. :)

      Delete
  2. Fun gifts, Lydia!! :D Those books sound so great! AND LITTLE HOUSE AND LAURA AND ALMANZO YES. <33 <3 THEY ARE SO ADORABLE. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I KNOW JUST SO CUTE IT'S JUST AHHHHHHHH <3

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. OOh I loved reading this post, Lydia! The vinyl looks so awesome :) They are definitely coming back in to trend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Autumn! Yes, I agree! My bookstore has a huge display of them.

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. *gasp* That's so awesome! I love listening to Lindsey Sterling. :D She's so talented. o.O

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? She inspired me to learn violin. :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  5. It was fun to see what you got for Christmas, Lydia! :)
    Yes, Little House on the Prairie is fun to watch! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Yeah, Jo and I love watching it together. :3

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  6. I Know who gave you that last one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yes you do. XD
      "Byeeee, Nova!!!" *hugs pillow* XD XD

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  7. I have an old iPhone- it is practically an iPod. We are sooo similar, have I mentioned? And Cherry Ames- GAH I LOVE those things to death. I read one of the mysteries one summer a while back and since then I've read the first three books on Kindle. I've been meaning to re-read them...

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan