Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Out With The Old, In With The New

Hello!

I know, creative title, right? ;)

Anyway, happy 2017 everybody! This post was supposed to go up way earlier...I really don't have an excuse...my laptop did get juice spilled all over it and I fried a circuit but I could have gotten on the family computer and written this anyway...but I was busy playing around with my new iPod...

Just cut me some slack, okay? It's right after Christmas and New Year's. ;)

2016 has come to a close, and 2017 is here. It's strange to think that another year has passed by so quickly. And we're more than a week into the year already. AHHHH!!!!

I think last year (or maybe a couple years ago, all the Christmas and New Year's posts are starting to run together after awhile, hehe) I made a post with all my New Year's Resolutions. I thought I'd do one like that again. I have some personal ones and some ones for the blog.

(Also, like the new blog design? Every year I change it and this time I decided to go with a template. I think it turned out SO pretty! Do you guys like it?)



1.) Be more socially active on the blogosphere. Commenting and talking with other bloggers is something I haven't been very good about at all in 2016. This 2017 I'm going to try to comment and read way more blog posts and keep caught up with all my blogging friends through emailing. I think part of the reason I was lacking inspiration is because I wasn't reading other folk's ideas and writing. I felt lonely. 
2.) Put lots of work into my blog posts. Towards the end of the year I got lazy and just used pictures I looked up on Google Images. They were halfhearted posts I put almost no work into. Well this year I'm taking my own pictures and revising my posts!! No more laziness!!!
3.) Start a posting schedule. I'm creating a posting schedule and sticking to it (hopefully ;D). In 2016 I took too many unannounced breaks, came back with an excuse, stayed for a month, then left again. I won't just post whenever I feel like it anymore. I'll have set days when I post, and this will give me some time to work on them and take pictures. 
4.) Above all, grow closer to The Lord. This is always one of my New Year's Resolutions, because I'm always wanting to grow closer to God. You can never get close enough! ;) 

And now, things I accomplished in 2016 I'm extremely happy about: 

1.) I got a social life. Hooray, yay for Lydia, she actually goes out with her friends and has sleepovers and doesn't only see her friends at church and actually has physical people to talk to. Hooray. ;)
2.) I am now only one grade behind in math. In case you didn't know, I was previously very behind in math, but with a family member's help and through lots of hard work I am now only one grade and-a-half behind. I ended up getting a grade and-a-half done in a year!
3.) I got over 70 followers on my blog. THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!! 
4.) I started getting sponsorship-offer-emails. Although I didn't end up accepting most of them, it's nice to know I'm getting noticed by companies. If you're reading this...hi, company. :P 

If you read through all of that, good for you! ;) The next post will (hopefully) have pictures taken by yours truly and have been thought through before being posted.

I'm going to try to post every Tuesday and perhaps every Friday as well, but we'll have to see how that goes.

See you soon!

~Lydia~ <3

10 comments:

  1. The blog design is so pretty, Lydia!! :) Good luck on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw it and I thought it was perfect. :D
      Thanks!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS ON MATH! *ALL THE CONFETTI*

    I absolutely LOVE your new design! It's so gorgeous <3

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *dances around in shower of confetti*

      I know right? I am so happy with how it turned out! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. Your blog design is really pretty, Lydia! :)
    You have some great goals for this year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I was never acquainted with you old blog design, but this is so gorgeous and I love the pretty pastel colors. <3

    One of my goals is to do better on my blog graphics as well. I would really start to take more of my own pictures to make it more personal and not use any other artist's work.

    May we conquer our goals together and make it an awesome year! You got this. :D

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really happy with it. :D

      Exactly ;)

      You too! ;)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  5. So glad you're back!!
    Can't wait for an awesome year on your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be back! ;D Thanks, Autumn!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan