Tuesday, January 31, 2017

To Be Read - February 2017

Hello everyone!

Sorry there wasn't a Friday post this week, I got sidetracked and didn't finish my character spotlight on time. :P Lord willing there will be a post this Friday, though. ;)

Anywho, I know! It's been SUCH a LOOOONG time since I ever did a To Be Read! However I always enjoyed doing this series, so I've decided to bring it back!

If you are one of my newer readers and you aren't sure what this post series is, it's where I find a bunch of cool-looking books I want to read during the month, and try to read as many of them as possible. At the end of the month, I will come back and say which books I had read and which books I had not, and come up with some more books to read for the next month. Pretty simple, and I like setting goals for myself. :)

Here we go!

Emily Climbs by L.M. Montgomery

A little while ago I read the first book in the Emily series, and I enjoyed it! Just recently I got the whole series on Kindle for only 99 cents, so this month I will hopefully get around to reading this (and the third book in the series, Emily's Quest).


The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick

Okay, so I'll be honest, this doesn't exactly seem like the type of book I would go around reading all the time. It seems to be part of that middle-school genre that tends to be a little...shall we say...strange.
BUT the concept sounds fun! The description also says that the book club reads Little Women, one of my favorite classics/books overall. My friend also has it and she said she would let me borrow it sometime. So, yeah, I'm willing to give it a try. :-)


The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson

This book sounds amazing - from the reviews I've read it has a nice, strong female character and an interesting plot. I've been wanting to read some of Melanie Dickerson's books for awhile now, so this seems like a good book to start with.

A Dream Not Imagined by Shantelle Mary Hannu

Some of my friends have posted glowing reviews of this book on Goodreads, and sounds like such a sweet book! I've actually only read one Cinderella retelling before (which I actually didn't finish) so hopefully this will be the first of many retellings I read. :-)


The Only Pirate at the Party by Lindsey Stirling and Brooke S. Passey

I am a longtime Lindsey Stirling fan - I've always loved her music. I remember when at the age of 8 my babysitter (she was a cool 14-year-old) showed me her music video "Shadows" and I've been obsessed with her ever since, so I would love to read her book!


The Hidden Amethyst by J.C. Buchanan

When this book was written I believe the author was around the age of 13, which is just about my age. I would love to read another book by someone who isn't 16+! The plot sounds interesting, too.


Courageous Love by Susan K. Marlow

I saved the best for last...hehe. ;-) I am SOOOO excited to read the final installment of the Circle C Milestones series. If it is anything like the three other books, it's sure to be absolutely amazing.


Alright! I think that's all the books for this post.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them?

~Lydia~ <3

15 comments:

  1. These are some great goals, Lydia! :) Out of the books you listed, I have only read "A Dream Not Imagined". Although I'm hoping to read "The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest" sometime. I'm also SO excited to read "Courageous Love"!!! :D I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Cool! Yeah, I just ordered my copy of Courageous Love. I'm SOO excited for it to get here! ;D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. Both "The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest" and "A Dream Not Imagined" are AMAZING!! :D Hope you enjoy them! And "Courageous Love", eeps!! I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They sound really good! :-)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. The Mother-Daughter Book Club is a ton of fun! I hope you enjoy it :)

    The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest cover is GORGEOUS! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it; it's one I put on the "maybe" pile a while ago. My main concern is that it'll end up being too cliche :(

    A few books I hope to get to in February are Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven, It Looks Like This by Rafi Mittlefehldt, and Windwitch by Susan Dennard!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it looks like a cool book! :)

      I know, I absolutely love the cover!! It was pretty cliché but a good book all the same. ;)

      Those sound good! Hope you enjoy them!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. These sound great! Also your blog design is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yep! If I buy it you can borrow it after I finish it if you would like. :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  6. Yes! That is my favorite Melanie Dickerson book! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsey Stirling's book is good. My sister owns it and i read it in one day. No lie. Great list! I might read some of those books too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cover to cover in one day; I love books like that.

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."

Back To Top
Designed By Hello Manhattan